New in Buenos Aires

SimpleMark

Registered
Hola todos,

Hi my name is Mark, I moved to BA 3 months ago for a job transfer from Reno Lake Tahoe. I have spent the first couple of weeks transitioning with work and life here. Love to meet other expats here that have a great sense of humor. Riding the colectivo i get lots of laughs and stories to share with my friends back home. So if you have a great sense of humor share a great experience with me and I will share mine.

Thanks everyone!
Mark

Welcome Mark! The people watching while taking the colectivo is amazing! I had to say hi cause while getting on the bus this weekend, my clog fell off my foot and rolled down the steps...the colectivero had to stop so I could pick it up with my hand! :eek:

There are some good events and one is the Friday night drinks...a classic expat event

haha I'm surpised he actually stopped!! It's a fear I always have when hurrying onto a colectivo. Probably because that actually happened to me once getting on a train in Japan. Of course the train didn't stop so I was stuck in the city with only one shoe... character building experience, if nothing else...!

That is classic PMC, I have a funny one for you.

As an North American we are typically not use to people staring at us. One day I was on the colectivo going to work when I noticed an older woman staring at me. I looked at her and then looked away. But I felt like she was still staring so I turned my head and sure enough she was still staring. Well at this point I felt a bit uncomfortable and thought, "OK I can play your little games lady." So I stared back and stared and stared. I thought to myself wow this lady is good. After 5 minutes I was getting a bit irritated and was thinking to myself wtf, I was about to say something to her when she pulled out her retractable white cane with the red tip and started to exit the bus. Wow, I just had a staring contest with a blind woman and got upset about it. Ha!

I love the colectivo...... sometimes.

Have a great day!

Back