New in San Telmo from US via Costa Rica

Lauris

Registered
Hi Everyone! My husband Gene and I are visiting Buenos Aires for 5 weeks with the idea of possibly moving here. We are retired, from the US, and have been living in Costa Rica for the past 7 years. We're ready for a change and have fallen in love with both Lima, Peru and Buenos Aires. One or the other will probably be our next home. Gene is an artist, I'm a reader. We like meeting people from other backgrounds and cultures. Unfortunately our plans for our stay here have been messed up a bit since Gene has a problem with his ankle and is barely able to walk. Originally we thought it was from a fall. Now we're trying to figure out what else might be causing the problem since it doesn't seem to be getting better. But at this point, he can walk maybe a block or so, but more than that puts him in too much pain. We've been spending most of our time around our neighborhood in San Telmo, which we love. But we also can go to other places in the city as long as we take a taxi and know exactly where we want to go in advance, rather than walking around. I'm trying to find him a cane, which I think would help. Anyone have suggestions on where to get one? We look forward to meeting people who live here, if not on this trip, then the next. But meanwhile, we are up for meeting up for a coffee, wine or a meal.
Lauris

Toni: That would be great! We would love to meet some people here. How long have you been here? What part of town are you in? Today I have to concentrate on finding a cane for Gene. Then we'll see how he's doing. But let's stay in touch. We'd love to meet up.
Laurie

Lauris said:
Hi Everyone! My husband Gene and I are visiting Buenos Aires for 5 weeks with the idea of possibly moving here. We are retired, from the US, and have been living in Costa Rica for the past 7 years. We're ready for a change and have fallen in love with both Lima, Peru and Buenos Aires. One or the other will probably be our next home. Gene is an artist, I'm a reader. We like meeting people from other backgrounds and cultures. Unfortunately our plans for our stay here have been messed up a bit since Gene has a problem with his ankle and is barely able to walk. Originally we thought it was from a fall. Now we're trying to figure out what else might be causing the problem since it doesn't seem to be getting better. But at this point, he can walk maybe a block or so, but more than that puts him in too much pain. We've been spending most of our time around our neighborhood in San Telmo, which we love. But we also can go to other places in the city as long as we take a taxi and know exactly where we want to go in advance, rather than walking around. I'm trying to find him a cane, which I think would help. Anyone have suggestions on where to get one? We look forward to meeting people who live here, if not on this trip, then the next. But meanwhile, we are up for meeting up for a coffee, wine or a meal.
Lauris

I'ved lived in both Argentina and Lima Peru as a retiree. I'd be glad to offer my perspective on both if you are interested. Let me know, hope your husband is feeling better.

Stanexpat said:
I'ved lived in both Argentina and Lima Peru as a retiree. I'd be glad to offer my perspective on both if you are interested. Let me know, hope your husband is feeling better.

Im sure Stanexpat perspective will hardly be a glowing testimonial of Buenos Aires .:)

Back