New law regarding apt management

chris

Registered
I understand that there is a new law regulating building management. Apparently cash payments of 'expensas" are not allowed, decisions have to have an escribano's seal etc. Seems this is driving expensas up. Could someone with knowledge of this explain the new law and its consequences?

do you have the law? when was it passed? what's the number?

yes, the payment should be done at a bank account and the consorcio needs a cuit among other changes. I have a case about that at the law firm but my partner deals with it. I am going to ask her about it on Monday. We represent an owner who wants to enforce that law. Regards

So a foreigner who owns an apartment and does not have a bank account in Argentina will only be able to pay their espenses by making a cash deposit into the consorcio's/administrator's bank account? Hopefully, they wil be able to use the ATMs that accept deposits...otherwise it means waiting in line...often very long and slow moving ones.

I haven't found anything on the news, does someone have the law or at least the number?

Steve, you can always pay cash at the bank, the consorcio is the one that must have a bank account.
Regards

So this means we cannot make payments by rapipago?

Wow, so many changes in a short period of time. Is anyone feeling like they're in a vice?

I wonder if we will be able to pay via bank account transfer. Wouldn't it be great if we could pay the expenses with pagomiscuentas? I remember the old days of standing in line for an hour at Farmacity to pay my bills. Thank goodness for pagomiscuentas.

this law is two years old. nothing will change from one day to another now.

Back