New Limits To Extractions Off Of Argentine Ccs

syngirl

Registered
You can now only withdraw $800 USD off of your card when travelling to USA / Europe etc.

When travelling to neighbouring countries (Uruguay, Brasil, Chile, etc) the limit is now $100 USD every 3 months. ie. $400 bucks a year.

http://www.ieco.clarin.com/economia/Final-Colonia-extracciones-tarjeta-credito_0_924507583.html

I can see the " you are not able to use your credit or debit card outside of Argentina at all" on the horizon.

I can see the " you are not able to use your credit or debit card outside of Argentina at all" on the horizon.

This is what a Brazilian credit card used to look like back in the 80s and early 90s, when we had adopted many of the policies being used in Argentina today. Focus on the lower left corner. Argentina sometimes feels like a time machine taking me back to the Brazil of the 80s.

Let's do the Time Warp Again.

Itau-boletos-cartao-de-credito-Itaucard.jpg

Can withdraw US$800 every month, and since most travelers go away for max 15 days, means US $53 per day max.! or US$116 if away for only one week! in non-limiting countries. For out-of-pocket expenses.

Wait , I thought everyone just grabs a couple grand from under the mattress before they go on vacation. Or hit their Bank of America branch in Miami upon arrival.........

Also, better make sure that everyone in your family has multiple cards that you can use...

Does this in any way affect how much you can charge on your CC outside the country, or are we only talking about cash withdrawals?

Back