New Policy at Starbucks, No Purchase necessary...

Well I guess you must be an expert in the dairy industry then. Please tell me how they are extending the life of shelf milk if they are not heating it at a higher temperature than refrigerated milk. It’s pretty standard in the dairy industry worldwide. You have to kill all the bacteria to put it on the shelf for several months.

I'm not debating that extended shelf life milk is ultra pasteurized, you're right about that. What I'm telling you is that the refrigerated milk is also pasteurized that way.

I'm not debating that extended shelf life milk is ultra pasteurized, you're right about that. What I'm telling you is that the refrigerated milk is also pasteurized that way.
If you read my original response I said the same thing except that the extended shelflife milk is held at a higher temperature to kill all bacteria

If you read my original response I said the same thing except that the extended shelflife milk is held at a higher temperature to kill all bacteria

I don't think you're understanding whaat I'm saying. They're both held to the same temperature. Refrigerated milk in the USA is pasteurized in a way called HTST (High temperature short time) and long shelf life milk is UHT (ultra high temperature) pasteurized. In Argentina both refrigerated milk in sachet and long shelf life milk are UHT pasteurized.

Well I guess you must be an expert in the dairy industry then. Please tell me how they are extending the life of shelf milk if they are not heating it at a higher temperature than refrigerated milk. It’s pretty standard in the dairy industry worldwide. You have to kill all the bacteria to put it on the shelf for several months.

Should we ignore the properties of the Tetra Pack container...? :cool:

Here we go, from a sachet:
uHEiZKH.jpg

The milk in sachet is heated to the same temperature for the same amount of time as the milk in the container.

gely8ep.png

I'm not sure why you were so certain in the absence of any actual facts. We've gone back and forth for 2 pages of posts because you were absolutely convinced of something that you were just flat out wrong about.

Starbucks. The only coffee shop in the world I've encountered where the girl working the counter did not know what espresso was.

True story.
Glad I did not have expresso in my mouth when I read it would have been all over monitor.

@D.B. Cooper and all .... What Starbucks Argentina is doing is a bit more subtle. They have begun installing electronic combination locks on their bathrooms and the code for same varies from one location to another and is changed with frequency. How do you get this highly guarded, top secret information? You make a purchase and it appears on the bottom of your receipt!

Notably, the door locks behind you and you must also press an button to exit. I wonder if they have the cycle on a timer and come and drag you out if you exceed the limit?

It's nice to know that so much attention is being paid to bathrooms! On the other hand, what I would like is some attention being paid to the 14 year old kids who buy, if anything the cheapest thing on the menu and sit and use a table and WiFi for 4 hours, while I've just paid $110 for my mocha venti and can't find a seat. If I do after a significant wait, there's no electricity! Pretty much my experience with Starbucks in Argentina can be summed up in 2 words, "IT SUCKS!"

@D.B. Cooper and all .... What Starbucks Argentina is doing is a bit more subtle. They have begun installing electronic combination locks on their bathrooms and the code for same varies from one location to another and is changed with frequency. How do you get this highly guarded, top secret information? You make a purchase and it appears on the bottom of your receipt!

Notably, the door locks behind you and you must also press an button to exit. I wonder if they have the cycle on a timer and come and drag you out if you exceed the limit?

It's nice to know that so much attention is being paid to bathrooms! On the other hand, what I would like is some attention being paid to the 14 year old kids who buy, if anything the cheapest thing on the menu and sit and use a table and WiFi for 4 hours, while I've just paid $110 for my mocha venti and can't find a seat. If I do after a significant wait, there's no electricity! Pretty much my experience with Starbucks in Argentina can be summed up in 2 words, "IT SUCKS!"

Today l went to the Tuesday coffee chat meet up at the Alto Palermo Starbucks. I ordered a cappuccino and a cookie. After I got my receipt I looked at the bottom of it to look for the bathroom code number but didn’t see any. When I walked past the men’s room I looked at the door and didn’t see any keypad on it. I’m not a huge Starbucks fan, I only go there because of the meet up. But feel it’s important to set the record straight. I’d be curious to know where this bathroom system is being used because it’s not happening at the
Alto Palermo Starbucks.

Today l went to the Tuesday coffee chat meet up at the Alto Palermo Starbucks. I ordered a cappuccino and a cookie. After I got my receipt I looked at the bottom of it to look for the bathroom code number but didn’t see any. When I walked past the men’s room I looked at the door and didn’t see any keypad on it. I’m not a huge Starbucks fan, I only go there because of the meet up. But feel it’s important to set the record straight. I’d be curious to know where this bathroom system is being used because it’s not happening at the
Alto Palermo Starbucks.
I experienced it at their locations at the one near the Liberty Hotel on Corrientes, Caesar on 9 de Julio, Rivadavia 2200 +/- in Congreso, if I recall correctly Serrano, Olazabel and Julian Alvarez also had the system. I could be mistaken on those last ones, but it is making its way around their locations. "Soon to be featured at a Starbucks near you!" (as I sort through the mounds of crap on my desk looking for an old receipt to attach)

Back