New Pricing

cruizes

Registered
Have been away for a few months but returning very soon. What are the fares for taxis , subtes and collectivos now? Thanks

Bus and subway ridership has probably increased, but I don't see how that is physically possible (at least during rush hour).:eek:

Nonetheless, I'm sure the "pick pocketers" have never been happier.:p

Subway and buses remain at 1.10 and 1.25 respectively, taxis now start at 7 something

Yes,taxi fares have gone up. Just wait until you visit your favorite (not so) super market.

I've only been in BA 6 weeks and I've noticed quite a few price hikes in the the food stores. I don't know how the general population can afford to do much if anything the way simple food costs are going up. Hopefully things can get under control soon.

Also, a number of the government subsidies - I believe public transportation, gas, water, electricity - are going to be cut so some of these prices will go up. I heard mixed things on how the cuts are occurring so if anyone has details, please, put them here.

I noticed about a year ago that my withdrawals Max(per day) from the ATM, went down from $1000 pesos a day to $700 pesos a day. At that time, a newspaper article said the Argentine Government didn't have enough $100peso notes on hand. And that they were printing more from Brazil. Right now, I live in a one bank town, and I can't get more than $700 pesos a day. It's happening again(Dec 12) Is the same thing going on or something else? Does anybody know? thanks

Wednesday evening I went to the Colonia Express (fairly large misnomer) port in "Puerto Madero Sud" (a.k.a. "La Boca") from Palermo. Actually, two friends started in the taxi from basically Bullrich & Cerviño. (Across Bullrich from the JUMBO/EASY)

Well there was a lot of traffic and our taxi took forever. Of course it didn't help that the two that originally got in the taxi though that Colonia Express literally docked in front of El Caminito, but that only added about AR$3+ to the ride.

Had we gone straight to the correct port area, The fare would have been AR$85.

That's a lot.

Traffic was bad. But holy crap.

Back