New SUBE rule?

GuyinBA

Registered
So I've been watching these mega lines all over BA of people in line to get SUBE cards. LOVE the SUBE and my wife and I got ones last winter when we arrived without any lines, wait, hassle. So yesterday I'm taking a colectivo and got on with my family when the driver said that, starting yesterday, you couldn't use a sinlge SUBE card to pay for multiple people, as I've done with my kids always since I got the card with no hassle. Does anyone know if this rule is, in fact, true? If this is true is it true for trains, buses and the subte? I guess I get why they would be doing this, if it's true, but don't want to deal with the lines to get them for my kids (though will if need be... anyone know an easy way to get them without the long lines?) What to you do if you have visitors? Even the driver said he understood the hassle and that it didn't make much sense to him. Still like the SUBE anway but maybe a little less now.

hey, just don`t go to Plaza de Mayo or to any other of those BIG destinations (like train stations) where they hand out the SUBE card. Many Argies just love to stand in lines, they don`t question this or go over their options...well, i don`t get it.
I got mine last week, one day before the 10th, at a small OCA Office (google! and maybe call ahead if they have the card in stock), in a side street in Belgrano. after 10 minutes i went out with my new SUBE! done.

As far as I know thats the case although you can still pay for multiple people using monedero.

GuyinBA said:
So I've been watching these mega lines all over BA of people in line to get SUBE cards. LOVE the SUBE and my wife and I got ones last winter when we arrived without any lines, wait, hassle. So yesterday I'm taking a colectivo and got on with my family when the driver said that, starting yesterday, you couldn't use a sinlge SUBE card to pay for multiple people, as I've done with my kids always since I got the card with no hassle. Does anyone know if this rule is, in fact, true? If this is true is it true for trains, buses and the subte? I guess I get why they would be doing this, if it's true, but don't want to deal with the lines to get them for my kids (though will if need be... anyone know an easy way to get them without the long lines?) What to you do if you have visitors? Even the driver said he understood the hassle and that it didn't make much sense to him. Still like the SUBE anway but maybe a little less now.

My partner and I took the 68 and the 12 buses yesterday, and we paid with one card.

Don't go where the big lines are! We got our sube cards the other week from a post office. It took 20 minutes!
Argentines do indeed love to stand in lines.

In the BA design shopping mall under the Hard Rock Cafe in Recoleta I got my SUBE in a few minutes. Probably worth getting them for your kids just in case it starts being enforced

As far as I remember the rule was always that you could not use one SUBE to pay for multiple trips, but they have always let you, since there is no actual restriction in the system. It could be that they will now start to try and enforce it, but I today paid for myself and my wife on a couple of buses and the subway and had no problem.

I also paid for myself and 2 people on the one SUBE card last night on colectivo 110. I can certainly understand the rule, however perhaps you may have a situation where some bus drivers, subte attendants will still allow you, and some may not.

Back