New Taxi Rates

NikBaires

Registered
Discovered tonight! New taxi rates in BA. If your riding after 3AM, there is a 5 peso surcharge. You just cant but help but laugh at how scummy it is...

It was all over the news all day long. I dont watch a lot of TV, I was just zapping.

Pretty normal in many countries to have a Late Night Surcharge, not that big a deal to me. I still feel that the cost of Taxi's in BsAs is low, especially compared to my home town.

Isn't every time after 3AM? I'm assuming this surcharge stops at some time in the AM?

It's like when I was a kid and I watched Gremlins and they said in the movie you couldn't feed the Gremlins after midnight-- but even as a kid I realized every time is after midnight (11:59 PM is 24 hours after midnight) so I guess you could never feed them.. :confused:

I agree the taxi is still cheaper than many countries. Especially if you compare it with taxis in Sao Paulo or New York or Singapore or London or Hong Kong.

I have been in BA for almost 8 years. I almost never take taxis. If I can´t get there by bicycle, I walk. The last resort is a collectivo. Anyone who wants to economize (inflation?) shouldn´t take taxis.

Back