New to BA from France - Arriving Oct.

Robino

Registered
Hello,

I'm a French graduate in political sciences, planning a long-term trip to Buenos Aires and Argentina starting mid-October. I'll be living in Palermo Hollywood with my girlfriend who's studying at la UBA.

I dont know how long I'm gonna stay yet so I took a one-way flight. I'd like to know if it's an issue to get the tourist visa when you don't have your return ticket.

Any informations on how to get ready for the trip would be welcomed too.

Hi and bienvenue

From what I've read on this forum, people who came with a one way ticket didn't have problems but eventually (my own guess) the airline company could annoy you if you don't have a return ticket (they are responsible if you are rejected at the entry of Argentina).

A safer bet would be to take an open return ticket

My boyfriend did a similar thing, and his travel agent just told him to buy a bus ticket or ferry ticket to uruguay out of the country within the 90 days. That way the airline can reasonably believe that you're leaving within the 90 days

sketchyblueeyes said:
My boyfriend did a similar thing, and his travel agent just told him to buy a bus ticket or ferry ticket to uruguay out of the country within the 90 days. That way the airline can reasonably believe that you're leaving within the 90 days

Thanks for the advice, I'll try that.

Didn' know the airline company was responsible though, I'll keep that in mind.

You can also state that you plan to travel overland to some other countries and are not sure where you'll be returning home from. I've done this several times with no problem.

Occasionally Iberia have asked me if i have a return ticket when i am flying one way with them - and I just say that i am a resident.

I have never been asked to produce proof of onward travel when i have passed immigration at Ezeiza

RichardP said:
You can also state that you plan to travel overland to some other countries and are not sure where you'll be returning home from. I've done this several times with no problem.

Nice, it's reassuring. My girlfriend was kind of stressing me out with this "no return flight ticket issue".

Anyway, are the one-way tickets really cheaper than R/T ones ?
Leaving from France, you can find heavily rebated RT tickets but never one-way ones.

French jurist said:
Anyway, are the one-way tickets really cheaper than R/T ones ?
Leaving from France, you can find heavily rebated RT tickets but never one-way ones.

Well my one-way ticket was 640 € and I couldn't find a return ticket opened for more than 6 months below 1 400 € so that didn't seem really interesting. Besides, there's chance I'll leave South-America from another country.

Robino said:
Well my one-way ticket was 640 € and I couldn't find a return ticket opened for more than 6 months below 1 400 € so that didn't seem really interesting. Besides, there's chance I'll leave South-America from another country.

Hi ! With which company will you travel ?

Back