New to BA, Looking for a Flatmate

BWalker

Registered
Hi all,

I plan on moving to BA late Feb / March and figured id see if theres anyone else out there looking for a long term rental. Plan to be sticking around for at least 6 months, most likely more.

Obviously get a lot more for your money with a 2 bedroom but i'm looking to spend anything up to US£900 pp/pm for the right place. My BA knowledge isn't quite as good as it should be at this point but Palermo, San Telmo Recoleta areas [the obvious ones, right?] look perfect!.

So a little about me: Im a 27yo Graphic Designer from Scotland, most of my work is done at home so im looking for a good space to work. I recently returned from travels in S.E Asia and decided to take my work to BA.
I guess im a creative person, i have backgrounds in design, fine art, graffiti and Djing. I love cooking, mainly Indian and Thai food. Im not big on going to the gym but its definitely on my to-do list on arrival in Argentina, time to get fit! No Hablo Castellano muy bien, entiendo un poco! But taking lessons and its my new years resolution to learn it properly! I'm pretty easy going, relaxed person and easy to get on with, enjoy the odd night out and definitely like wasting time in front of the TV.

I guess thats about it, any like minded individuals looking for the same feel free to get in touch and we can have a chat.

All the best

Bryan

hi Bryan.
i see you are looking for an appartment. well i live in front of SHOPPING ABASTO and i am sure you will like a lot my appartment. for working inside it.
it has windows looking at the park.
the problem is i am renting the next year.
so i tell you if you will come the next year.
good luck
Diana

Hey Bryan,

I am a local though my Spanish is quite balls, there's always words I can't find in Spanish whereas I can in English.

Though I am not looking forward spending 900 US/month (nor do I think thats necessary) at the moment I can do 300 USD/month myself as far as a rental goes (equals to 1200 pesos/month.

Since I am a local I guess we could say my BA knowledge is far better than yours, but don't trust me on that one, I get lost quite often in my own city.

A little about me;

I am 18 years old (yeah, I know), from Buenos Aires, I work from 10 to 20hs downtown (starting march it'll be 11 to 21 hs because of daylight saving times and management things), on my free time I study some programming, currently working on visual basic and C++, possibly gonna switch to Java once I find a manual, otherwise I study graphic design related content, for no real reason really, it's just been my hobby for a year or two.

I like to think I am creative as well, though my creativity shows up when I don't specially need it and is never there when I actually do, it's some sort of love-hate relationship we have going on :p.

I draw, have done graffitti as well, sing, and played various instruments. I also love to cook, mostly Chinese and Japanese food, and of course, pastries. They are my favorites.

I am easy-going though people around me say I am quite the odd person, I am relaxed as well but big deals stress me greatly, I am friendly and I usually get along with everybody but people who are disrespectful and dishonest, those I can't stand I simply put aside and don't pay attention to.

I like going out during evenings or going out at night though I am not so big into clubbing, I usually just go when a good DJ is playing.

That's pretty much it, I almost forgot im looking forward renting for whatever period of time, be it 6 months, a year or two. Though I can't say what I'll be doing in a year from now on, maybe off to Europe or the US finally, but you get the idea.

[email protected] is my e-mail, and since you surely spend a while on the computer [email protected] is my MSN in case you'd be interested, or you would just like to have a chat.

Best regards

Tori

Oh I forgot to say, more like now that I think of it... You know you could rent a really good place for just yourself with 900 USD/month, right? then you could worry about renting the second room or whatever if you wanna have a flatmate.

That is, in case you can't find anyone.

Hey!

Thanks for the advice, Tori.
Its actually what i ended up doing after some unsuccessful flatmate searching a little while back. It was always on the cards but thought id have a quick look here first, see if anyone was in the same position before going ahead with my own place. Hopefully made the right choice! :)

Back