New to Buenos Aires, needing advice!

siri_travel1

Registered
Hi! My name is Siri and Im from the United States and plan to move to Buenos Aires for a good amount of time. I dont have work lined up or have a visa but will be needing to make money at some point. I have thought about trying to get a job at a bar or nannying, a job that might not require a visa, but am not certain how doable that will be. I am wondering if anyone out there has advice or recommendations for getting a job once I arrive in BA (probably sometime in late April however I dont have my ticket booked yet). Thanks in advance :)

i presume you're planning on overstaying your 90 days?

as for jobs...you probably could find something basic but remember times here are not good. whatever you do find isn't likely to pay you very much.

Hi! My name is Siri and Im from the United States and plan to move to Buenos Aires for a good amount of time. I dont have work lined up or have a visa but will be needing to make money at some point. I have thought about trying to get a job at a bar or nannying, a job that might not require a visa, but am not certain how doable that will be. I am wondering if anyone out there has advice or recommendations for getting a job once I arrive in BA (probably sometime in late April however I dont have my ticket booked yet). Thanks in advance :)
Hi Siri! I hope you are well. With regards to your enquiry, the first thing that you need to know is that, as an American

Hi Siri! I hope you are well. With regards to your enquiry, the first thing that you need to know is that working as a tourist is forbidden. You need to enter ARG, but switch your tourism status into some other visa type. If you don´t do it, all you can do is stay for 90 days, and also renew your stay for another 90-day segment, that´s all. In order to stay longer than that, you need to secure a different type of visa. For that, you need to try to get a job and request your future employer to sponsor you with the Immigration Department, additionally, you would need to secure a Police Clearance Certificate corresponding to the countries where you have lived for more than 1 year over the past 3 years (legalized with the Apostille) as it will be requested by the Immigration on the day of the Visa Appointment (visa switch). If you need more info, feel free to reach out privately, I can help you out, best!

To be sponsored is not realistic.
You are allowed to work according to art. 20 of the National Constitution. What is forbidden is to hire you according to the unconstitutional immigration law but, unless you work in a Chinese Deli, The immigration police is not going to realize it.

To be sponsored is not realistic.
You are allowed to work according to art. 20 of the National Constitution. What is forbidden is to hire you according to the unconstitutional immigration law but, unless you work in a Chinese Deli, The immigration police is not going to realize it.
I don´t agree, there are several success cases who found a sponsor during the 90-day tourism period, There are Talent Acquisition Companies who may help you liaise with a prospect employer. If this is not realistic, then, what do you suggest? overstaying?, working illegally and border hopping?

I don´t agree, there are several success cases who found a sponsor during the 90-day tourism period, There are Talent Acquisition Companies who may help you liaise with a prospect employer. If this is not realistic, then, what do you suggest? overstaying?, working illegally and border hopping?
She mentioned nannying. I do not think her prospect fits an sponsoring. It makes no sense.

To work under the table is not illegal in Argentina. 80% of the farm workers are without proper registration. 40/50% in the cities. There are labor Courts that deals with the compensation for workers who were unregistered. I had represented foreigners at labor suitcases and I developed leading cases where working of foreigners without registration is considered legal and honest. This is because the right to work is in Article 14 of the National Constitution while art. 20 also does it for foreigners without the clause “according to the laws that reglament its exercise”.
In 10 years Immigration was unable to cash a fine for working without legal residency in over 500 cases.
Border hopping? What does this mean? You mean Colonia runs? I was advising for 10 years to do not do so.

Last edited:
Back