New to Buenos Aires

ewilhelm

Registered
Hello,

I have recently decided to take a job in La Plata and am currently staying at a hotel in Buenos Aires for a week. I speak very little Spanish so far and was hoping to meet other people here that will help me adjust to living in Buenos Aires and perhaps show me around before I head down to La Plata and give me advice and tips. I am from San Francisco, CA and lived in Austin TX as well prior to coming down here. I really would love to explore this beautiful city but my lack of Spanish makes it intimidating.

Thanks!

La Plata is about suburban distance from BA. Why don't you go there immediately to learn everything about your new home town? BA is so close, you can visit here often. Get settled there and then come back to BA.

I am here doing visa paperwork with the sponsor company and they are picking up the hotel bill. In a sense I am stuck here at their disposal and will be going to another hotel in La Plata as I look for a place so I've love to make the most out of the week. Any suggestions or meetups would be greatly appreciated.

Back