New To The City, Looking For Girlfriends

tesstafarian

Registered
Hi Ladies!

I just moved to BA with my boyfriend and 2 dogs and we plan on being here for the next year. My Spanish is a work in progress, and I'm still trying to figure out some of the nuances to porteno culture, so connecting with other people that 1) aren't my boyfriend and 2) aren't canines has been a bit of a challenge thus far. Hoping to experience BA culture to the fullest while I'm here, I'd love to connect with others sooner rather than later. If anyone is open to getting together it would be a pleasure to meet! I'm 29, I work in professional services/consulting and I'd love to meet for a cafe or a glass of vino! When I'm not drinking coffee or indulging in wine, I enjoy reading, running, yoga, dogs, a good night on the town, food/cooking and philosophical conversations (okay...maybe just good conversation).

Sorry if this sounds like a personal ad, I was hoping to avoid it, but hopefully this silly message will help me connect with others :)

Ciao!

Hola and welcome! Maybe with this thread we can get some ladies together, I'm also in need of some non-boyfriend/dog friends :p I've been here about 3 years now but almost all of my expat friends have moved away. I'm up for going out for coffee or drinks sometime!

I also have to ask...what kind of dogs do you have? :D

Awesome; glad I'm not the only one looking for some friend-time on here! And we have 2 Miniature Dachshunds. I can't walk 2 blocks without hearing SALCHICHA! SALCHICHA! and I absolutely love it ;-)

Coffee or drinks sounds perfect! Maybe this Thursday or Friday? (Or next week if that's better...my schedule is, um, fairly open lol).

The pregnant lady over here would gladly meet up with you for a coffee (really an herbal tea) ... Friday afternoon works well for me close to Recoletta or Barrio Norte.

2 dogs in a foreign country, you've got your hands full!

ladies! I'm down to go out! always can use more friends that aren't my husband! maybe a beer...or 2?

I saw someone walking two mini dachshunds today near the belgrano/nunez border. Was that you by any chance? I didn't say anything outloud but in my mind I was thinking "SALCHICHA SALCHICHA"

Hello ladies!
Count me in as well for the coffee/vino/herbal tea/beer meeting!
I don't have dogs (although I love them) but I have a 1 1/2 year boy from whom it's good to take some time out once in a while!
I'm quite flexible with my schedules as I work from home,so let me know when and where, and I'll see you there!

Hi there ladies! would also love a meet-up. I've been here for a while too (though brand new to the forum), but would love to have some new expat pals. I can't make it on friday, but would love to meet up for a drink thursday, or some other evening! xo

Back