New to Western Union

Johnny

Registered
Well, I'm back in CABA and looking to avoid the ridiculous ATM fees. I checked out Western Union online and the quoted exchange rate was 1US=$40.26pesos. Crikey. I must be missing something being new to Western Union. For all you Western Union users, is this a typical exchange rate (in addition to the fee charged)?

Much thanks for any advise and clarifications!

Well, I'm back in CABA and looking to avoid the ridiculous ATM fees. I checked out Western Union online and the quoted exchange rate was 1US=$40.26pesos. Crikey. I must be missing something being new to Western Union. For all you Western Union users, is this a typical exchange rate (in addition to the fee charged)?

Much thanks for any advise and clarifications!
If you have a local bank account Transferwise is your friend!

Usd-peso 44.96 at time of msg!

Last edited:
There is a Pago Facil-Western Union that buys and sells dollars in my barrio. You could find one near you and ask them if you could receive dollars instead of pesos. If that doesn't work and the money is coming from the US, you could have someone send you dollars using Ria money transfer.

There is a Pago Facil-Western Union that buys and sells dollars in my barrio. You could find one near you and ask them if you could receive dollars instead of pesos. If that doesn't work and the money is coming from the US, you could have someone send you dollars using Ria money transfer.
Thanks. It seems I'll be exploring a number of alternatives.

The best !! find someone that can cash your personal US. checks and is eager to buy dollars . Nowaday checks can be scanned easily..

The new kid on the block is TransferWise.
Simply the BEST, in every respect.

I used WU before but don´t ever remember such a terrible rate ( 40 something is not right).

I signed up an hour ago and processed my first transfer at 44.9735
Wow! Transferwise is fast. Glad I had to stop using XOOM. I did the transfer yesterday at 5:20pm, and it's already in my local bank account! I got a higher rate than XOOM offers. They both do transfers, but there is a big difference in the two.

Use Transferwise! When I signed up, they wanted to know how I came to their site. I told them about this forum. Bye bye XOOM!!!!

Back