New Version of the DNI...

gracielle

Registered
24 November 2020
The cases in which the new version of the document must be processed
New DNI: how it will be, what price it will have and what will happen with the previous versions
The new version of the DNI includes an update that incorporates the bicontinental platform to the map of the national territory....

Seems like a very good use of government funds to me.
Well done Wado.
Motivation behind this action by the gov't:
Filmus indicated that "the decision that the bicontinental map is in the national identity documents has to do with the importance of each Argentine becoming aware of sovereignty over Antarctica, Malvinas and the Atlantic and valuing the enormous dimension of our country, which extends from La Quiaca to the South Pole ”.

My God these people are stupid....

It's not that simple. The problem isn't lack of intelligence, it's more complicated than that.

But, yes, I shook my head when I saw this article in Pagina12 yesterday. Nice to see I'm not the only one who reads it. Good on you, Gracielle.

It's not that simple. The problem isn't lack of intelligence, it's more complicated than that.

But, yes, I shook my head when I saw this article in Pagina12 yesterday. Nice to see I'm not the only one who reads it. Good on you, Gracielle.
I understand the reason they do it - using 'patriotism' and 'nationalism' to garner support is a very common tactic to paint over your own problems by finding an outside enemy to focus the attention of the people on. The old bait and switch or red herring. Venezuela/Madura are experts at it using the USA and evil westerners as the source of all their pain and poverty - luckily not every person falls for the Governments trap and manipulation attempts.

Maybe I'll get my 2019 renewed DNI in the mail before it's obsolete and I'm required to get the new one.

Maybe I'll get my 2019 renewed DNI in the mail before it's obsolete and I'm required to get the new one.

It will not become "obsolete". The "new" DNI is exactly the same as the old one [even the price]. All they have done is change the print on the back to include Antarctica etc. They will use all the already available old print as long as they still have them. So even if you get a new DNI in the next few weeks chances are it will be the "old" one.

I understand the reason they do it - using 'patriotism' and 'nationalism' to garner support is a very common tactic to paint over your own problems by finding an outside enemy to focus the attention of the people on. The old bait and switch or red herring. Venezuela/Madura are experts at it using the USA and evil westerners as the source of all their pain and poverty - luckily not every person falls for the Governments trap and manipulation attempts.

Well, TBH the issue is not insignificant. The Malvinas and the Antarctic Islands, South Georgia and the rest, may be almost worthless in and of themselves, but the way the Int'l Law of the Sea works, their possession also conveys control of huge tracts of the continental shelf. along with rights to control any resources thereon. The EEZ extends for 200 miles, which is no small thing.

What I find a bit ludicrous is the fervent propaganda on the subject.

Well, TBH the issue is not insignificant. The Malvinas and the Antarctic Islands, South Georgia and the rest, may be almost worthless in and of themselves, but the way the Int'l Law of the Sea works, their possession also conveys control of huge tracts of the continental shelf. along with rights to control any resources thereon. The EEZ extends for 200 miles, which is no small thing.

What I find a bit ludicrous is the fervent propaganda on the subject.
The whole world should be pulling China into line - their abuse and exploitation of the worlds oceans is disgusting and no one does anything about it. They take advantage of poorer countries with limited resources and deplete their fish stocks for 0 or minimal compensation. I think commercial fishing should be banned outside a nations waters and limited to only that nations own companies. The Spanish and French are also depleting Africas fishing stocks and dropping rubbish (FAD's) all over the place that end up catching turtles, dolphins etc

Back