New Years Eve?!

katemonster

Registered
hello everyone!

just arrived in BA and i'm looking for something to do for new years eve...drinks, dancing, etc. w/ english speaking expats/travelers! (i am trying to learn spanish but am not even close to being able to have a real conversation yet)

recommendations??

thanks!

I am not sure there are any new years eve parties as you might expect from other parts of the world . People here stay with their family until one or 2 am and then goto a night club . On Xmas people were doing an orphan dinner but I have not heard the same about New year . If you are stuck we have a space for sailing followed by an Argentine asado at the dock on the boat . It is a pay event though. If you are interested send me a pm or post here as you might not be able to send pms just yet.

Or you could find something here

http://www.vuenosairez.com/ar/ciudad-de-buenos-aires/agenda/fiestas-de-fin-de-año-2013-año-nuevo-/99954

Are you a member of Couchsurfing? If you become a member and check out the Buenos Aires group, I've seen a lot of people lately posting about New Year's so I'm pretty sure you could find something there.

There's fireworks and lots people partying in Puerto Madero around the Women's bridge and the diques. They used to have DJ's and outdoor bars a few years back, but I'm not sure they are doing that anymore (we were not here for NYE last year).

Happy New Year's!

Happy New Year.

0010530749.jpg

@Katemonster - I am a female (30's) American traveler here in BA & don't have any plans either if you would like to have a pal to join you in whatever adventure we could rustle up last minute. I'm in the same situation with not being able to have a full conversation in Spanish so you're not alone!

Back