New York's Idnyc Card-Unbelievable!

Noesdeayer

Registered
Last year the NYC gov't under mayor DeBlasio began issuing a city id card available to all residents of New York City regardless of their immigration status.There are all kinds of benefits to having one especially to be able to open a bank account and access to health services.Besides,Latin Americans there are thousands of other undocumented immigrants in NYC from all over the world.If interested google: IDNYC.
As a NY native here on home leave I am pleased that the Big Apple has been the first city I know of to take such a humanitarian step .Can BA be very far behind ? Opinions ?

I think this was "made in Argentina" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0ySHLtJ7Rk

Last year the NYC gov't under mayor DeBlasio began issuing a city id card available to all residents of New York City regardless of their immigration status.There are all kinds of benefits to having one especially to be able to open a bank account and access to health services.Besides,Latin Americans there are thousands of other undocumented immigrants in NYC from all over the world.If interested google: IDNYC.
As a NY native here on home leave I am pleased that the Big Apple has been the first city I know of to take such a humanitarian step .Can BA be very far behind ? Opinions ?

I had the card you are referring to during 2015 and I can assure you that other than linking it to my NY Library card, it was absolutely worthless because every time I offered to show that card as an i.d., nobody wanted to see it, not even at Banks.
Therefore, except for a few discounts offered the NY card is blah blah blah.

Silvie
: If you look for the list of banks in the benefits section of the card as well as read the other banking info,you will see 3 institutitions that accept the IDNYC card as a primary form of ID to open an account.
:1) The Amalgamated Bank
2) US Alliance
3) Brooklyn Cooperative Federal credit Union
Neither I nor the information available on the IDNYC website means to indicate that the card is accepted as a primary ID at all banks.As a user of the card you are free to communicate your opinion to the NYC gov't office that issued the card.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GS_Dirtboy Expat Life 14
Back