New Zealander looking for work .

Julz

Registered
Hi
My name is Julie and I am looking to move to Buenos Aire's, and will be looking for full time work . Preferably in the area of Photography and photo processing . But would consider anything .I would be living around the Cachimayo area.

There are many cachimayo st.721B81E8-5A1E-4699-B661-9EC5BF19ADCA.jpeg
Do you realize that the economy [and the salaries] are sinking while the unemployment is skyrocketing?

No I didn't . Seems to be a world wide problem. It's happening here too.

Hi
My name is Julie and I am looking to move to Buenos Aire's, and will be looking for full time work . Preferably in the area of Photography and photo processing . But would consider anything .I would be living around the Cachimayo area.

By photo processing, do you mean film? If so, you might make some useful contacts through Museo Fotografico Simik in Chacarita. It's housed in one of the Bares Notables at Av. Federico Lacroze 3901.

There are still one or two active labs in the city. I think there's one near Congresso and one I've been to is along Avenida San Martin at around the 2000 address: Google will help you out here.

I've found a list here: https://es.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20120223083853AAxInGG&guccounter=1 though I'm fairly sure some of them are digital only now. Mega Photo is only a couple of blocks away from Museo Fotografico Simik on Jorge Newbury but unless there's another place very near by, I have a feeling that I found that they had dropped film. Quite a few places still have yellow Kodak Film window stickers....
....but don't do it any more

Last edited:
To move here now for work is pure madness. I remember a australian teacher a few months ago rubbing his hands in glee for his generous salary of 55000 pesos per month now worth US 1370 a pittance. Last year this was worth US $3000. Next year maybe US 800.

I suggest to you to come here for a holiday its a beautiful unique country but for work choose Chile or Peru stable economies with better prospects.

But if you have someone you love in Argentina, you have to move here. Otherwise, come as a tourist is much better.

Back