newbies

mfagan

Registered
Hi
my name is Mairead and i have come to live here in BA for one month.I am with my female friend and we are both from Ireland.We are aiming to meet as many people as possible,learn some spanish,tango etc ,We also want to know of any interesting cultural,sporting or fun parties to attend over the next month.Any pointers would be greatly apppreatied.
M

Hola Mairead,

For tango, you are welcome to join Ruben and myself at a traditional milonga on Thursday afternoons--Nuevo Chique, San Jose 224. We are always there from 7-9:30. We will save you a seat (or seats) if you let us know [email protected]
Hope to meet you!

I love Ireland! Lets be friends! My boyfriend and I have been thinking about checking out Kilkenny's Pub we heard they have live music, but it seems like a hike from Palermo where we are staying. If you know of any good ones let us know..maybe we can all meet up and grab a few drinks sometime..

smflaher said:
I love Ireland! Lets be friends! My boyfriend and I have been thinking about checking out Kilkenny's Pub we heard they have live music, but it seems like a hike from Palermo where we are staying. If you know of any good ones let us know..maybe we can all meet up and grab a few drinks sometime..
see "friday night drinks" thread..Kilkenny tried to charge 50 pesos a pint last fri night..i told them to hop....:eek:

Geez... nevermind I could buy 6 bottles of wine for that price haha thanks for the heads up!

Hi
we were in the Kilkenny Friday night.We tried the Shamrock also.Really enjoyed the night but did not feel as if we were in Irish pubs which may be a good thing.
Will be out and about this weekend also,no plans as yet.

Tuesday nights at La Cigalle are good... definitely not Irish as it is French night, but a good party. I am headed over tonight.

HowardinBA said:
see "friday night drinks" thread..Kilkenny tried to charge 50 pesos a pint last fri night..i told them to hop....:eek:

:confused:
Whoa! That's just ridonkulous. Was the $50 peso pint the real going rate, or just a special rate for the group of obvious foreigners? This pisses me off, glad you told them to take a leap.

Back