Newcomer Help

Tyuis

Registered
Hey folks

I was hoping all you great minds out there could help me with something.

Moving to BA in a few months with work, for a year, and have hit an information wall.

Work have sourced a 1Bed apartment for me at Juncal y Esmerelda for $750US per month

I have two questions.

Is this a generally nice, safe fun area?

Secondly, is this too much to be paying for rent i.e are there perfectly fine places elsewhere close to this area or within easy access of the microcentro? Work wont be paying.

Muchos gracias para tu ayudo

i think you could be paying a little bit less but in general could be ok depending of the furniture and so.
lots of expats are renting in that area, i don`t like it much you could go to palermo or belgrano also.

$750 U$D for that neighborhood is not expensive at all for a 1 bedroom apartment. Juncal is a VERY central location, close to all modes of transportation, shopping, entertainment, etc. It's not a "hip" neighborhood, more older people and families, kind of like the upper east side of manhattan.

The things you will want to check on in Buenos Aires, is 1) Does the apartment face the front? If it does, you DONT want to be on a low floor because you will be kept awake all night by the street noise from buses, cars, people, etc. 2) If it faces the back or side of the building(contrafrente, interno o lateral) if it's on a low floor it will probably be dark, so if you are contrafrente interno o lateral, you will want to be on at least the 4th or 5th floor. Everything else is fairly manageable, but if you have no sleep and peace at home you are going to be miserable. This is the one biggest complaint about apartments that I hear from everyone I know that has come here - the noise.

Back