Newcomer looking to buy a used bicycle

GHBeek

Registered
Hello,

I just moved here four weeks ago and am getting tired doing my exploration by foot. I'd love to buy a used mountain bike. Happy to pay USD. I checked out the free city bicycles but prefer to have my own.

Also, interested in a used road bike so I can try out the Nuevo Circuito Kdt. But this is a lower priority.

Please let me know if you're interested in selling your bike.

Thanks!
Gary

GHBeek said:
Hello,

I just moved here four weeks ago and am getting tired doing my exploration by foot. I'd love to buy a used mountain bike. Happy to pay USD. I checked out the free city bicycles but prefer to have my own.

Also, interested in a used road bike so I can try out the Nuevo Circuito Kdt. But this is a lower priority.

Please let me know if you're interested in selling your bike.

Thanks!
Gary

Kdt is the place to train. You can even keep your bike there for a price. I have a titanium Litespeed classic that is about 14 years old but upgraded about 9 years ago, wheels, handlebars, stem, carbon. Never been ridden continetal 4000S tires. Never been crashed. I would call it excellent condition. I used it untill 2006. [email protected]

I can't send you a private message for some reason, but I have a friend who is selling her bike. Here is her description. Let me know if you are interested:

I have a 18'' GT hybrid that I bought about 4 months ago used. It is in excellent condition (my guess is that it is probably about 8 years old, but was never touched). The lady I bought it from never really rode it. I used to messenger and work on bikes so when I say it is a good bike I mean it. I ride it all over the city and my only wish is that I had bought it sooner. You are making the right choice by buying a bike right after getting here.

It is a 21-speed hybrid with 28'' wheels. There were brand new tires put on it when I bought it and I had someone bring two pairs of Kool Stop brakes, a patch kit, tire levers and a extra tube from the States for me because all of these things here are expensive (as you may have figured out anything imported is ridiculously priced here). The bike comes with all of that, a lock (although my advice is if you want to keep your bike, never leave it locked outside in any place where you cannot keep an eye on it) and a bike pump.

I don't have any pictures of it but if interested am happy to take some and send it to you. I will be leaving at the end of September and won't be able to part with the bike until the 15th of next month. I live in Belgrano but work in Palermo so if you would like to see the bike and give it a test ride, just let me know where to meet up and I can come by.

I can't find a way to send private messages to the Newcomers, so oh well for privacy. If you are interested in the bike I posted write to: [email protected]

I spent 20 minutes yesterday trying to figure out how to enable private messaging and was unsuccessful. Then I sent an email to [email protected] and they quickly replied and enabled it. Thought I'd share in case others are experiencing the same issue.

nledec - sorry I didn't reply in time and you had to go public. :) I'll PM you and the other two replies now.

Just in case you are waiting for a response I wanted to let you know that I didn't get any PMs from you...

Damn. Alot of used bikes being sold. I'm looking for one too. Mountain bike, if anyone has one for sale please PM me.

Back