Newly arrived in BsAs

celene

Registered
¡Hola! We are a couple recently moved to Buenos Aires from Asheville, North Carolina, USA. He = Egg: Software Developer. She = Celene: Cosmetologist. We're here through the end of July, currently living in a temporary apartment in Palermo Hollywood 'til we find something more permanent. Our Spanish is limited but improving. We're interested in making new friends, Porteños and expats alike.

celene said:
¡Hola! We are a couple recently moved to Buenos Aires from Asheville, North Carolina, USA. He = Egg: Software Developer. She = Celene: Cosmetologist. We're here through the end of July, currently living in a temporary apartment in Palermo Hollywood 'til we find something more permanent. Our Spanish is limited but improving. We're interested in making new friends, Porteños and expats alike.

Welcome y'all!! Pseudo Southern here. I lived in Chapel Hill and Burlington and Raleigh 8 years, spend four months there again last year and I am on my way soon to return here in a couple of months.

send me a personal message so we can be in touch. did you bring any grits?!!:D

Howdy-I'm a Yankee expat in the States (born in Wisconsin, live south of Charlotte, NC), and I've been in B.A. for almost three weeks. It's amazing how quick the time has passed and how quickly I've learned things. I also brought my host family 2 pounds worth of grits, which I may or may not finish before I leave.

I always thought polenta was pretty close to grits. :p

I'm obviously not a Southerner.

Ahhh.... trwerne91 - Your host family is lucky! How do they like the grits?

Eclair - I reckon polenta is *close* to grits. At the same time, they're not much alike at all ;)

Hey Celene, welcome to BA! I lived in Georgia awhile myself. I am sure you will have a great time in BA, Palermo Hollywood is lovely.

Thanks, Yanqui! It is lovely. We're hoping we can find an apartment somewhere in this general area since it offers so much :)

Hola!!

I'm also a Southern gal! Grew up in New Orleans and moved to NYC after Katrina, then here just over a year ago. Man oh man I miss grits, and shrimp, and andouille, and okra, and so many other things food related.

Cosmetologist??? Very cool!! Maybe we can organize some kind of girls get together where you give us beauty tips and I cook. Oh yea, I'm a chef!

Tomorrow night I'll be hosting an event in Palermo if you and Egg want to come and meet some friendly expats. It's a Mexican event starting at 5pm and ending around 2, or until the people clear out. It's at Tout le Monde, gurruchaga 1417 between gorriti and cabrera.

To check out the menu and other details, check out the site!

http://nolachef.wordpress.com/2012/02/13/mexican-pop-up/

Oh yes! We intend to be there! I am SO looking forward to some picante in my food.

I like the idea of a girls get-together. I'm going to be making a post offering my hair cutting services once I'm sure that my testimonials will still be up for viewing on the salon webpage where I used to work.

See you tomorrow :)

Back