News In The Usa Is Argentina Might Default Again

Michaelcorleone

Registered
The Business Channels here in the US say that Argentina is in VERY BIG trouble, their currency crashed today, and people are starting to talk about Argentina defaulting on their debt AGAIN.

How bad is it in BA?

Partly related ->

http://www.cronista.com/finanzasmercados/Dolar-las-cinco-estrategias-del-Banco-Central-que-vienen--20140123-0095.html

The Business Channels here in the US say that Argentina is in VERY BIG trouble, their currency crashed today, and people are starting to talk about Argentina defaulting on their debt AGAIN.

How bad is it in BA?

Its a great idea Argentina should default again , Argentina's International rating couldn't get worse, international credit is nonexistent ,all the problems would be solved...! Would not be called default but a payment option Nacional y Popular, with inclusion.

Its a great idea Argentina should default again , Argentina's International rating couldn't get worse, international credit is nonexistent ,all the problems would be solved...! Would not be called default but a payment option Nacional y Popular, with inclusion.

Actually, that makes perfect sense, but on the political side, that would mean CFK has to resign, early elections, etc. (otherwise a big civilian crisis = unsustainable).

Actually, that makes perfect sense, but on the political side, that would mean CFK has to resign, early elections, etc. (otherwise a big civilian crisis = unsustainable).

But Cristina would be able to follow her widowhood with martyrdom...

The trouble with being a martyr is that you're not normally around to enjoy it.

Speaking seriously (!), I would like to see her finish her term and hand over the presidential sash to a credible opposition figure (if that's not an oxymoron). Argentina badly needs institutional continuity.

I would also like to see her reverse some of her stupidest policy decisions, but that's like asking Bush and Cheney to admit Iraq was a mistake.

My best guess is that Argentina will continue to muddle through this and the next crisis will originate from a collapse in either China, USA, Japan or Europe plunging the world, including Argentina, into a great depression. Argentina will simply go along for the ride, but unable to export it's population to Spain or elsewhere, as borders will close across the world. Expats will be hard hit as the international financial transfer infrastructure freezes. Once the remaining cash is spent, hunger begins.

Mass unemployment, rioting, violent crimes will return as in past crises.

The next crisis, Argentina will at least have the comfort of not being alone in her suffering.

Why will this occur? Very simply: the 2008 crisis was caused by excessive debt. Did you know that debt levels have actually increased since 2008 meaning that the next crisis will be an order of magnitude worse.

My best guess is that Argentina will continue to muddle through this and the next crisis will originate from a collapse in either China, USA, Japan or Europe plunging the world, including Argentina, into a great depression. Argentina will simply go along for the ride, but unable to export it's population to Spain or elsewhere, as borders will close across the world. Expats will be hard hit as the international financial transfer infrastructure freezes. Once the remaining cash is spent, hunger begins.

Mass unemployment, rioting, violent crimes will return as in past crises.

That was a great movie! Wait ... weren't there earthquakes, violent tornadoes in Los Angeles, and a giant tidal wave that swamped Manhattan - and then it froze? I didn't think they were ever going to get out of there, especially with all of those zombies!

Back