News on Borders opening to tourists

If you are citizen or resident to a neighboring country flying in directly from said neighboring country you can come with a PCR and a health insurance covering Covid-19. Alternatively if you have a direct ARG relative you can also travel. No other non-ARG resident/citizen is allowed to enter.
If you are from North America or Europe, I wound't count on being able to travel to Argentina before early next year. Maybe January at the earliest. Just my guess.

If you are citizen or resident to a neighboring country flying in directly from said neighboring country you can come with a PCR and a health insurance covering Covid-19. Alternatively if you have a direct ARG relative you can also travel. No other non-ARG resident/citizen is allowed to enter.
If you are from North America or Europe, I wound't count on being able to travel to Argentina before early next year. Maybe January at the earliest. Just my guess.
Hi dsp27,

first of all thank you very much for your contributions on this topic. Very much appreciated.

I might have missed the point somewhere, but according to the new rules:
1) can I (living here as a tourist in Argentina, with Arg wife and Arg kids) go on vacation with my family to Brazil and return with them? I understand that for reunificacion familiar it is now easier (without visa). What kind of paperwork would be required (is a copy of a document stating that I am the father of the Arg kids enough when I enter the border)?
2) Would my mother (from Europe) be allowed to come to Argentina to see her grandchildren (i.e. does this family reunification also apply to grandparents or is it only applicable for parents)?

Hi dsp27,

first of all thank you very much for your contributions on this topic. Very much appreciated.

I might have missed the point somewhere, but according to the new rules:
1) can I (living here as a tourist in Argentina, with Arg wife and Arg kids) go on vacation with my family to Brazil and return with them? I understand that for reunificacion familiar it is now easier (without visa). What kind of paperwork would be required (is a copy of a document stating that I am the father of the Arg kids enough when I enter the border)?
2) Would my mother (from Europe) be allowed to come to Argentina to see her grandchildren (i.e. does this family reunification also apply to grandparents or is it only applicable for parents)?

1. Yes, sort of. You need your original (or legalized copy of the original) marriage certificate and/or birth certificate of your Argentine kids. If these were issued in Argentina that's it, if they were issued outside Argentine you need them legalized/apostillados. You also need a copy of the DNI of you wife, and a short written statement (nota de solicitud) you present to the immigrations official at entry "why you want to visit Argentina" BUT also how long you plan to stay in ARG and where, and they may ask you to show a return flight. See the requirements below in Spanish.
2. I don't think so. I might be wrong but it doesn't seem to be the case that grandparents are direct family (legally speaking). It only applies to direct family, i.e. husband/wife/civil partner and/or children. She can apply for a visa at an ARG embassy and I think she will be allowed to travel but it's an expensive one I think and it's a total pain in the a$$.

Why don't you apply for residency in Radex and travel on the precaria? It will make your life so much easier.

ARTÍCULO 3°.- Establézcase que los extranjeros no residente alcanzados por la presente medida deberán acreditar ante la aerolínea o el Paso Fronterizo Internacional correspondiente: certificado de nacimiento, matrimonio o de convivencia debidamente apostillado o legalizado, según corresponda, que compruebe el vínculo directo con un ciudadano argentino, copia del DNI argentino del familiar a quien precisa visitar, reserva de pasajes; constancia de PCR con resultado negativo -con un máximo de SETENTA Y DOS (72) horas de anticipación- y un seguro de asistencia médica que comprenda prestaciones de internación y aislamiento por COVID-19.

ARTÍCULO 4°.- Establézcase que los extranjeros no residentes alcanzados por la presente medida deberán presentar al momento del ingreso al territorio nacional y ante el inspector migratorio, nota de solicitud donde se explique brevemente la necesidad de la visita, fechas de partida y regreso, lugar donde se hospedará el extranjero y toda otra información relevante que le sea requerida.

Back