Next Book Club Meeting!

Alicia karr

Registered
It's close to that time of month again! (Haha!)The BsAs expat Book Club will hold its third meeting Wednesday Sept. 25 at 7:00pm in Recoleta. We have a free book exchange too- for every book you donate you get to take a book ( and there are some GOOD titles!) I supply beverages, you supply a snack to share and we all partake of warm and intellectual conversation in English. This meeting we will be finishing our discussion of Murukamis "1Q84" as we will be covering the second half of the book. All are welcome. You don't have had to read the book to come, as some of the themes we touch on are universal and you can say as much or as little as you please. Please PM me if you need the address.

As a matter of fact, I have several books in English brand new (mostly for women) that I would like to trade.

Address pls???

See you next week :)

My kindle is proudly telling me I'm 95% of the way through, so a lazy Sunday in a coffee shop and I'm ready too book club. Brilliant choice of book - it's been a reading pleasure :)

Also if you're coming and already have my address could you please let me know? Want to have the right quantity of refreshments on hand!:)

For those like myself that never heard about the book, below is the data and summary. You heard of George Orwell's 1984, 1Q84 is a play on words.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1Q84

220px-1Q84bookcover.jpg

For those like myself that never heard about the book, below is the data and summary. You heard of George Orwell's 1984, 1Q84 is a play on words.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1Q84

220px-1Q84bookcover.jpg
Rich One, figures you'd know about using that as a resource for this! What DONT you know? Seriously a deep gracias for this posting. I read the article and it covers the necessary bases-- no easy task for such a complex book! Will you be gracing us with your always valued perspectives Wednesday night? Oh do say yes! I'm PM you the address. By the way, rumors have it that 1Q84 is being nominated for one of those big international book awards but my senility precludes me from remembering which one!

Back