Next Buenos Aires Hash Run Sunday 14th Feb

Liam3494

Registered
The next Buenos Aires Hash House Harriers run is this coming Sunday, and it's up in Martinez - Now for all you who find excuses that they don't know where that is - It's easy - The Train line from Retiro to Tigre stops at Martinez - Only a few stops up the line, very easy to get to, and the train fare is only 1.10, so no excuses.

For those who are still not sure what hashing is - Well, It's a Drinking Club with a Running problem. We run (or walk, perfectly acceptable) a trail, head back to the host's place, have a beer or three, a swim, something to eat, and meet lots of interesting people (and me!)..... So come along this Sunday, here are the full details......

Welcome to the most romantic hash of the year held by the Hash`s most romantic man (wife and kids 10,000 miles away)

Place: Martinez
Address: D Repetto 1174 y Libertador 14,300 (towards the river opposite Burger King)
Time: 11 for 11:30 start
Things to bring: Swimming stuff, off, suncream, mug, knife,fork,plate
Cost: AR$15

How to get there - take train to Martinez, walk down Alvear to Libertador and then 6 blocks towards San Isidro.
168, 333 bus

The next Buenos Aires Hash House Harriers run is this coming Sunday, and it's up in Martinez - Now for all you who find excuses that they don't know where that is - It's easy - The Train line from Retiro to Tigre stops at Martinez - Only a few stops up the line, very easy to get to, and the train fare is only 1.10, so no excuses.

For those who are still not sure what hashing is - Well, It's a Drinking Club with a Running problem. We run (or walk, perfectly acceptable) a trail, head back to the host's place, have a beer or three, a swim, something to eat, and meet lots of interesting people (and me!)..... So come along this Sunday, here are the full details......

Welcome to the most romantic hash of the year held by the Hash`s most romantic man (wife and kids 10,000 miles away)

Place: Martinez
Address: D Repetto 1174 y Libertador 14,300 (towards the river opposite Burger King)
Time: 11 for 11:30 start
Things to bring: Swimming stuff, off, suncream, mug, knife,fork,plate
Cost: AR$15

How to get there - take train to Martinez, walk down Alvear to Libertador and then 6 blocks towards San Isidro.
168, 333 bus

Reactions: pez
Do I have to confirm in advance?! How many and what kind of people are usually coming?

Hw can we get back at night?

Hi Aleysa,

No need to confirm in advance unless you want to - If we know you are coming we would wait to make sure you got there before we set off on the run, but you don't need to let anyone know, just show up on the day and have fun.

As for the kind of people that come along - Well, it varies. We are a mixed bunch. Mixed in ages from 18 to 60 plus, mixed in genders (pretty even spread there), mixed in abilities (from walkers to marathon runners - all are welcome), and mixed in locals to ex-pats. English is the language of the group, but there are plenty of locals to practice your Catellano on as well.

As for getting back - well, without being obvious, it depends where you live. Generally people leave early enough, i.e. in daylight, and the same way you came is usual. This weeks run is relatively near Martinez station, so the train back to Retiro if you live in town, or wherever. Generally others will be heading in the same direction, and again, depending on where you live, you may even be able to get a lift home if someone in a car is heading that way - We're a pleasant bunch.

All in all, its social running/walking, a nice way to meet people, make friends, have a little run in an area you probably are unfamiliar with, so something new - and enjoy a little party afterwards, with food, beer, and even a swim. So come along and see if you like it - most come again after being their the first time.

I'll be there! This is my first time joining the group. Is there a contact phone number in case I get lost (as I often do!)?
Thanks, Mari

Will you post in the morning if it's canceled for bad weather? Or will it be on anyway?

OK - It wont be cancelled for Bad Weather - Unless there was a hurricane or 3 foot of snow - neither of which are likely in Buenos Aires - We run whatever the weather, although the swimming pool may not be top of the list if it starts to snow!

I will PM my phone number to those that have asked, so you have a contact number... If anyone has any other questions, ask away.....

Back