Nicest ER preferably towards the center.

Looks like me appendix needs to go... I'm at the hospital Italiano right now and to be honest it looks a little dingy and third worldy.... Any opinions on if I should go somewhere else for surgery? Cost is as I said no object.

Hospital Italiano is a very good hospital, I know many professionals, and people who's been treated there (different kinds of surgery), and I would trust it.

Good luck!

Los Arcos on Juan B. Justo in Palermo.
It's practically a resort.

I just asked my partner who is a doctor, and he said while Hospital Italiano does have the look of an old hospital, it is in the top 10 of Buenos Aires capital, however he said the best hospital is Los Arcos for any type of surgery. He also said if it's appendicitis you have to be operated right away it's not something that can wait even a few hours. Make sure you get the right advice on this, not something to ignore.

im fine. Survived, full review manana. But for now.

STAY AWAY FROM HOSPITAL ITALIANO!!!

My appendix burst after being stuck in waitingrooms for FIVE HOURS!!!! Didn't get operated on for 2 hours more, got stuck in elevator going to surgery because it broke. NO AC in rooms. Surgery went well, doctors are good but aging equipment and lackadaisical staff are a dangerous combination.

I went to the Hospital Aleman. Pretty good in my opinion.

Hi there,

I concur with other comments here; do not get "allured" (for a lack of a better word) with anything that looks pretty here in Argentina. Looks are very deceiving and plenty of places in some tourist-living areas are catered just to the eyes and not to quality. Hospital Italiano has some of the best researchers in the country and in the LA region and belive it or not, in the world.

I always tell folks from abroad to keep in mind two important words that will help you keep perspective while easing the process better while in BA:
Patience and Prudence

Keep in mind that while I was born here I lived most of my life abroad and I am going myself through culture shock eVeRy day.!! So this statement in literary written on my wall:)

I am sure you did well and you're enjoying BA appendixless!

Cheers PP

Back