nickname of Argentine national cricket team

yd_mtl

Registered
On the Wikipedia page for the Argentine national cricket team (the men's one anyway), I see that the nickname for that team is Sunny Ones, much like that of the national football/soccer team is Albiceleste and that of the national rugby [union] team is Pumas. From any of your experience, is Sunny Ones indeed the national cricket team's nickname, and if so, is that name inspired by the Sun of May that appears in the middle of the Argentine flag?

I don't know, but I do recall reading one of those indignant and rather silly letters that get published in the print version of La Nacion from a concerned citizen complaining about how ridiculous the smile on the face of that sun is and arguing that it was high time the grin was removed since it had become a national embarrassment.

Do cricket teams go by nicknames?
I couldn’t tell you England’s, Pakistan’s, India’s or Sri Lanka’s. West India’s is hardly a nickname, and South Africa Australia and New Zealand’s are more like the general nickname for the places?

Do cricket teams go by nicknames?
I couldn’t tell you England’s, Pakistan’s, India’s or Sri Lanka’s. West India’s is hardly a nickname, and South Africa Australia and New Zealand’s are more like the general nickname for the places?

Australia's sort of has a nickname (the Baggy Greens) but that refers more to the hats that they wear. New Zealand's is the Black Caps, which - just like many other national sports team nicknames - is a knockoff of the All Blacks of rugby. And South Africa's is the Proteas, the protea being its national flower.

I don’t know but it’s not as though they are all commonly known by any of the nicknames?
I like cricket but couldn’t have named any of them.
Sunny One’s is a bit of a crap nick name isn’t it?

Back