night of the museums special attractions?

irishvan

Registered
Can any of the locals give an insight into some unique buildings that may just be open for tonight?
the santa casa de ejercicios espirutuales in constitucion looks interesting?

irishvan said:
Can any of the locals give an insight into some unique buildings that may just be open for tonight?
the santa casa de ejercicios espirutuales in constitucion looks interesting?

Last year I went to El Congreso and saw the ghost of San Martin past.

14265_212139717537_567077537_4293903_5875237_n.jpg

I also went to Palacio San Martin (Plaza San Martin area of Retiro neighborhood), but that building has regular tours.

Good advice is to pick an area of town and then hit museums in that one area. Although the buses are free tonight, getting around town wastes lots of time.

Congreso has regular tours also, even santa casa de ejercicios espirutuales has tours by arrangement. One museum I was surprised to see was the Museo Nacional de Arte Oriental - this has been closed for some time and is apparently opening just for tonight.

Good advice is to pick an area of town and then hit museums in that one area. Although the buses are free tonight, getting around town wastes lots of time.

The website www.lanochedelosmuseos.gob , the brochure printed by Buenos Aires Ciudad say that certain buses are free (list on website and brochure - PASE LIBRE - tonight.

Did someone forget to tell the bus drivers????????

I tried on two occasions to board a #60 collectivo and both times they said that I had to pay or get off the bus. I even had the STICKER that was provided but that didn't make any difference. Maybe the bus drivers are too stupid to know about CULTURA BAJO LA LUNA.

Next year maybe everyone will be on the same page. I have my doubts but I will try to stay optimistic. :eek:

Back