Nightmare At Ezeiza

mmoon

Registered
Just a heads up for anyone heading out of the country for the holidays...the road to Ezeiza has been blocked the last few days by protestors, and it has been hell to get there. I'm sure many of you know already, but we were in transit and didn't know about it until we arrived late last night. People have had to walk on the highway to get to their flights. It sounds like they have let some taxis and remis through but not private cars. We were lucky to be coming in and not leaving. (Can we never leave!?) Of course, the protest involved some guys chilling in lawn chairs and a blazing asado, while a few dozen police stood around and chatted...

Does anyone know if it will be blocked tomorrow morning? Do the piquteros work at weekends?

You never know. If you have to go to EZE, I would take a taxi and give yourself lots of time. Last night at midnight, they were letting one lane of traffic through, so maybe you might luck out if your flight is very late or very early.
I read that Macri wants to resolve this particular conflict by the end of the year, but that doesn't help holiday traffic and I also wouldn't hold my breath. I'm glad he's also moving to limit protestors' ability to block roads. I believe in civil disobedience, but it gets ridiculous. Can't imagine having a loved one in an ambulance stuck in a roadblock.

This is insane.

They should go and block traffic in front of the minister's house or Macri's house. Not the poor public..

If some unfortunate person, has 2-3 suitcases...it will not be possible to do this walk.

This sucks.

I am a guide and I can tell you it is a living nightmare! Imagine a full bus of people, many with canes and hand luggage and big suitcases! And me trying to carry bags and choosing whom I help!
I am actually surprised that the "viveza criolla" has not been born in one of the many in the area to offer with "porter" services to EZE. As much as I would hate to pay, if I had heavy and large luggage, I'd cough up 100 pesos or so to have this "service" swearing the entire trek.
Yes, it seems some things will never change or at least very slowly!

I am a guide and I can tell you it is a living nightmare! Imagine a full bus of people, many with canes and hand luggage and big suitcases! And me trying to carry bags and choosing whom I help!
I am actually surprised that the "viveza criolla" has not been born in one of the many in the area to offer with "porter" services to EZE. As much as I would hate to pay, if I had heavy and large luggage, I'd cough up 100 pesos or so to have this "service" swearing the entire trek.
Yes, it seems some things will never change or at least very slowly!

A more likely scenario of "viveza" would be robbing people as they walk down the road with their suitcases.

Sad thing is, that many Argentines are even proud of this shit, like "look what good democracy we have".. Blocking road is far from any democratic right, since some minority is violating majority. In any normal country that would end in one hour with pepper cans and gum bullets...

Back