No more get-togethers??

veggie_pab

Registered
Hi all,

I've been away from the website for more than 7 years.
Suddenly I'm back, and I see there are not too may events in this forum like it used to be in the past.

This forum was full of events like "veggie potluck", "thanksgiving dinner", "summer picnic", "movie night", "book swap", "Australia day", etc....

We used to organize amazing meetings with people from everywhere. I am not talking about a night-out in a bar. I am talking about warmer events at somebody's place with a real cultural exchange between locals and expats, where chattings and fun was the main goal instead of going to a noisy public place for a drink (which is also valid, but a totally different idea).

Personally, as a vegetarian, I really miss the veggie potlucks. We organized great dinner parties where everyone brought a home made dish to share with the others. That was a fantastic opportunity to meet new people, to learn new recipes, to talk about anything, to make friends.

This events help a lot to find conversation partners, biking partners, rollerblade partners, and any kind of partners you can thing about hehe. Music, movies, philosophy, any interest can be covered and shared.

Something simple like a Sunday or Saturday afternoon picnic in a park can work as an initial meeting to get to know each other and from there we can see if something else comes up. Or if someone wants to host that will be great also.

Is there anybody else missing these type of events or someone interested in coming back to these activities?
Cheers.

That comment could be considered offensive for some people my friend.
Maybe everyone here knows you and knows you are joking and have a particular sense of humor hehe, but I can't deny that it was a bit shocking for me to read that :)

Good that you liked the idea. Let's see if we can gather a crowd and we will set up date, time and place.

And that's why there are no more reunions of any kind, over time people became very touchy about everything and quick to get offended, hope you find a group of people that fits your criteria

Yes Sergio, I really miss the openness of the old expats I used to know. We shared great times together and we eventually became friends. I was hoping to find some people with the same spirit.

Sounds nice to attend to the coffe meetings to get some of the people in the group.
I just thought it could be a good idea to start again the other kind of meetings where (in my opinion) we share more that in a public place just because we interact more. Thanks.

Mc, I won't get into that, sorry. It's not my intention to start a debate. I just want to tell you that I am the most open person you could ever meet. If you read me you can see that I said "some people". For me it's ok, but I just didn't consider it politically correct and I was surprised to read something like that in a forum where most people are supposed to be from the US or Europ. I accept everyone as they are and that's because I've been around people from all over the world almost all my life, and my best friends are from cultures different than mine.

Last edited:
And that's why there are no more reunions of any kind, over time people became very touchy about everything and quick to get offended, hope you find a group of people that fits your criteria
That comment could be considered offensive for some people my friend.
Maybe everyone here knows you and knows you are joking and have a particular sense of humor hehe, but I can't deny that it was a bit shocking for me to read that :)

Good that you liked the idea. Let's see if we can gather a crowd and we will set up date, time and place.

Wonder what you are referring to?

As was said, there are few expats in residence. I can think of only 5 native born U.S. expats,currently living in BA. Even "Steve in BA" isn't. Yesterday,at Coffee Chat there were 7 attendees.In the past there were a many as 30
The U.S. government no longer has an Ambassador to Argentina..

We pledge to have John Doe nominated as our worthy ambassador!

Back