No More Name Restrictions In The City Of Ba

nikad

Registered
Now you can name your children anything you want, the only limitation is that the name must not hurt the child's honor or be offensive in any way: http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1780418-mas-libertad-para-elegir-como-se-llamara-un-nino

Hey, nice to know Nikad. Thanks for posting, I hadn't heard about it. High time they binned that antiquated law!

This will put a new spark in my wife's game of "When we start having kids, what do you think of ____, ____ for a boy or ___,___ for a girl?"

Hey, nice to know Nikad. Thanks for posting, I hadn't heard about it. High time they binned that antiquated law!

This will put a new spark in my wife's game of "When we start having kids, what do you think of ____, ____ for a boy or ___,___ for a girl?"

I actually think it's terrible. Ask all the kids in other South American countries named Usnavy (yes, they saw it on a ship, named their child that, became a "thing"). Can't really say these are just two extremes. Oh, you know the fondness they have for anything in English here. And the fondness for adapting these words into a more Spanish spelling...became common.

Parents made it a way to degrade their own culture.

Aholm: so we should strictly limit people's freedom to name their kids because of anecdotal evidence that some idiots abuse it? Sounds very paternalistic (pun intended).

@Aholm

For inspiration here''s a list of traditional baby names found throughout a large American city.

Aaja (pronounced Asia)
Acacia
Ajeenah
Akai
Aquanita
Aryan
White
Baleria
Barbertha
Callie (pronounced Kelly)
CaAndi
Chetiqua
Cloteal
Curly
Darhies
Dayphine
Debrasharme
Derecio
Dertiteriesa
Dikueria & Dikuria (twins)
Dildree
Dishon
Dovanna
Duanita
Dyiamond
Dwendolyn
Effillyne
Elizabeth Taylor
Endrissa
Equandolyn
Esaw
Everage
Floyce
Franshawn
Ghia
Godzilla
Pimp
Ivier
Jartavious
JyesahJhnai
Keithen
Kentnilla
Lafondra
La,poo (yes, contains comma)
Latronia
Lemonjello & Orangejello (twins)
L’Tonya
Machoda
Nau-Quia
Mayima
Minute
Miquel
Nethel
Omnipotence
Ondra (pronounced André)
Ozro
Padraic
Pecola
Phe-anjoy
Precious
Unique
Queen
Esther
Quithreaun
Rincesetta
Sanja
Saranus
Shanieja
Sharicus
Shiquipa
SiJourna’i
Silquia
Sinetra
Summer Love
Termicka
Tequilla
Timphanie
Tryphenia
Tywana
Tzaddi & Tzavvi (twins)
Ulheric
Undlia
Undrea (pronounced André)
Wsam
Xiomara
XL
Yaw
Yuvodka
Sharice
Wilida
Zaquan
Zufan
Zyneene

Matt84: I understand objecting to Pimp, but Padraic? Esther? Callie? Xiomara? And what exactly is wrong with Sharice and Precious, other than not being traditional white names? Your list is a perfect example of why the government should stay out of the naming business. First, they come for Tequila, but the next thing you know, Esther is on the blacklist as well.

Esther is not on the list, XL is, and only you are calling it a black list.m

oh yes Esther is on the list! I guess they needed to spike it with a bit of antisemitism.

You're right, first they come for Tequila and then they go for Esther.

best names for the children would be iphone, macbook air etc

Back