"No sugar added" ice cream

imranq2

Registered
Ok, I believe the answer is "nowhere" but thought I'd ask. Are there any ice cream shops in buenos aires that serve "no sugar added" ice cream I.e., with artificial sweetner instead of sugar?

I would be careful with "No Sugar Added" in this country.

I went to an expo at La Rural and they had some fruit preserves (jam/jelly/marmalade) that the woman told me "Did NOT have 'sugar' added".

I looked at the label and the #1 ingredient was the Spanish equivalent of "High Fructose Corn Syrup", which is much worse for you than sugar.

So "all natural" and "no sugar added" don't necessarily mean what you think they mean.

I recently saw an a billboard ad outside my local kiosk for a sugar-free ice cream by the make "BC" who do "light" jams and juices. I think they are part of La Campagnola. It is sweetened with stevia. Of course, this is not a gourmet ice-cream, just a small tub.

Napoleon said:
I would be careful with "No Sugar Added" in this country.

I went to an expo at La Rural and they had some fruit preserves (jam/jelly/marmalade) that the woman told me "Did NOT have 'sugar' added".

I looked at the label and the #1 ingredient was the Spanish equivalent of "High Fructose Corn Syrup", which is much worse for you than sugar.

So "all natural" and "no sugar added" don't necessarily mean what you think they mean.
Yes -- be careful. "Light" seems to have a broad definition and may simply mean (in some cases I have seen) "reduced" sugar which for those of us who don't eat sugar won't do.

Back