Noise Canceling Earphones

chris

Registered
I need ear phones that really work well in blocking noise. I will buy them in the US so I would like some recommendations as to best value and where I can get them. Thanks

I need ear phones that really work well in blocking noise. I will buy them in the US so I would like some recommendations as to best value and where I can get them. Thanks
Bose QC15's, $299 from pretty much everywhere including bestbuy. For the price they offer the best quality noise cancellation, doubt it still out about the sound quality though.

If you are looking for VALUE look into the Able Planet brand headphones $60 - 125 U$D range.
Able Planets like fresh batteries not the ones you just pulled out of the barely working remote control.

Remember that all noise canceling headphones do not cancel noise completely.
They quiet jet noise, A/C fan noise, some industrial equipment noise.....
You will still be able to faintly hear rug rats, drunks and your mother-in-law.
Schizophrenia and Tinnitus are not helped very much with noise canceling headphones.

I bought a couple of pair of noise cancelers at Radio Shack, maybe 8 years ago and the still work okay but the pads and fittings are wearing out. They were way cheaper than Boise and worked about as good back then. They also folded up and were very portable.

I'll probably buy another pair this year. Worth checking out.

This might help:

http://reviews.cnet.com/best-noise-canceling-headphones/

T/

I have had a pair of Sony brand n/c headphones and they have performed very well , and were quite reasonable in price. Not cheap , but less than Bose.

Thank you, everyone, for your help. I am studying my options!

I had the Sony as well after I left my Bose in a hotel while traveling (sad face). Sony's worked about 90% as well and were less expensive than the Bose - I think 120 or so vs 300 Worth checking out.

For me it's Bose all the way - they can't be beaten in terms of performance and quality although they are expensive.

Back