Non stuffy private primary school suggestions in BA

Danielus

Registered
Hello,

We are hoping to send our 6 year old child to a billingual private school in BA. He speaks Spanish.
The schools all seem huge and stuffy. Can anyone recommend a smaller less formal school? We have been told St Luke’s is good.

Thanks

My daughter went to Colegio del Arce in cañitas.
Very ‘family’ feel about it but I think the standard of education is still good. Maybe arrange to have a visit.

My daughter went to Colegio del Arce in cañitas.
Very ‘family’ feel about it but I think the standard of education is still good. Maybe arrange to have a visit.
Thank you. I had not heard of this school.
We will contact them

Remember that there is a difference between Bilingual schools and schools that teach English in the “contra turno”. Generally, in a bilingual school the students study all or some of the subjects in English and in the other kind they study English as a subject with projects to give it structure.

Both are great, but a purely bilingual school might be better if you’re planning to move to an English speaking country later. That way the student has the specific language to follow.

Unfortunately I don’t have any recommendations for you. The only school I have been involved with is St Andrews and that was as a teacher. I don’t think my classes were stuffy, but the institution might be. They push legacy a lot.

Hi,
Thanks very much for your reply.
St Andrew’s looks like a very good school but it is too big I think. My sons schools has 58 kids 🤣
We will be moving back to Australia after our proposed year in BA. I think a billingual school is the go. He will get to speak Spanish all the time with the kids so that should help his Spanish. He understands Argentine Spanish but not the slang.
So far Belgrano Day School, St Lukes and Coledgio del Arce are the front runners. We will visit all three when we come in Feb. Belgrano looks too big however. Any more suggestions for smaller more informal schools are appreciated 😊

Hi,
Thanks very much for your reply.
St Andrew’s looks like a very good school but it is too big I think. My sons schools has 58 kids 🤣
We will be moving back to Australia after our proposed year in BA. I think a billingual school is the go. He will get to speak Spanish all the time with the kids so that should help his Spanish. He understands Argentine Spanish but not the slang.
So far Belgrano Day School, St Lukes and Coledgio del Arce are the front runners. We will visit all three when we come in Feb. Belgrano looks too big however. Any more suggestions for smaller more informal schools are appreciated 😊
I'll shoot you a pm

I send my younger daughter to this small school in Recoleta I can recommend:

Proyecto Sur is another good small school in Congreso area where my two elder son and daughter go. Not bilingual, not fancy but good.

My 4th son goes to Lasalle that is a super huge catholic school (not my idea). It is full of expats children and the catechism is light. It is double turn and they have more hours than the [low] standard for English studying.

Last edited:
Back