Notary For Us Documents: Any Experience?

NYCExpat

Registered
Hi All:

I have to have a a document (signature) from the USA notarized and returned to the states pretty quickly. As expected, the document is in English and I'm not sure where to go. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Tim

Us embassay. Make an appointment on their website and take your own witness or be prepares to ask someone in the waiting room.

yes, you do that at the US embassy, you will need 2 witnesses - usually you take 2 people along with you or you ask in there for help from people to volunteer - I believe you do not need an appointment, best to check under citizen services on their website.

I did this at the US Embassy in Santiago, with no need for witnesses.

Usually there is no need for witnesses I think the charge is $30.USD + or -

I notarized a document (booked the appt on their website first- do that ASAP) and brought 2 forms of ID. No need for witnesses, the notary verified my ID and signed it. The charge was $50 USD but you can pay in pesos at the official rate!

I do it all the time. No wtinesses needed. Pay the fee in dollars or pesos. If you need rush you can email embassy per instructions on website and they are pretty good about giving appointment quickly. Website reservation is typically two weeks.

Back