Notary In Bsas (Bonus If They Come To Your House)

Liveinbaa

Registered
I need a few documents certified and notarized (a cert. of domicile, an ID, a bank statement, etc) and live in Belgrano.

Does anyone know of a lawyer or notary who could certify these documents for me? It would be a major bonus if they were 1) not downtown 2) in Belgrano or 3) I could pay them to do this at my house as I've got a new-born and don't have a ton of time on my hands - and would obviously pay for the time they spent...

On a side note, has anyone had any luck changing the address on a bank account as an American without a DNI at Banco Nacion to reflect my current address? What documents would I need for that?

Notarizing and certifying documents here is not the same as it is in the US. The process is much more involved and the escribano (lawyers can't do this) has to attach a document of notarization, and inscribe the certifications in his books. So the best thing you can do is have them come to your house, but they will have to take the documents with them, and then later return them to you. A certified copy of anything these days is at least $30 pesos and a signature certification can cost even more. I don't know any escribanos in the Belgrano area, but if you don't find one I can recommend an excellent top notch escribano on Florida and Corrientes.

Notarizing and certifying documents here is not the same as it is in the US. The process is much more involved and the escribano (lawyers can't do this) has to attach a document of notarization, and inscribe the certifications in his books. So the best thing you can do is have them come to your house, but they will have to take the documents with them, and then later return them to you. A certified copy of anything these days is at least $30 pesos and a signature certification can cost even more. I don't know any escribanos in the Belgrano area, but if you don't find one I can recommend an excellent top notch escribano on Florida and Corrientes.

I'd love to know the name of any notaries. I can call them I assume and see if they'll come to the house (even if they have to return later...)

It is highly unlikely that any escribano will go to your home, unless you are severely ill, and can prove that. It has to do with safety, and the fact that they don´t have trouble sourcing clients. You should call colegio de Escribanos and ask them for the the specifics, they will surely let you know who would do it- https://www.colegio-...2655092474&j=10
On their site you also can search for all notaries in the city.

To certify your address, they'd likely have to do their own document -- an "acta de constatación". You're probably better off getting that anyway because, for some reason, they don't always accept the certificate of domicile as actual proof of address here -- even if it's notarized. I helped two people get married here, and the "certificado de domicilio" alone wasn't good enough.

The escribano was going to actually prepare a document that said that so-and-so lives at such-and-such address. To do that, they must physically come to your address and certify that you live there. They were going to have to present their rental contract as well. We found what we thought was a work-around, but the registro civil ended up asking us why the escribana didn't physically go to the address. They let us slide, thankfully.

Below is an example of the acta de constatación. In the first part, you can see that the escribana lists the address, and at the end of the document, starting at "DILIGENCIA:" she begins to describe at what time she showed up at their "domicile" -- a hotel. This was for a same-sex marriage between two foreigners, one from Spain and the other from Colombia. The escribana is Carolina de Benedictis. She's located downtown, but she was quite efficient/knowledgeable.

Bear in mind: This stuff is expensive. For the "constatación" alone, it cost $1000 pesos (March 2013). If they have to come to your place, the fee will be near $1500, not including the taxi rides.

Back