Notary

jeff1234

Registered
I understand that there is no such thing as a notary here. Has anyone found a substitute for a notary when submitting documents to the US?

I understand that there is no such thing as a notary here. Has anyone found a substitute for a notary when submitting documents to the US?

You can get documents notarized at the US consulate (for a fee). Check their website.

Surely the equivalent would be an escribano.
I used an escribano locally to legalise a power of attorney for my divorce which took place in Spain.

Notary is very advanced here, lawyers who do that need more license, and they charge more.

For things to US, US embassy is better. It is done at citizen service dept. Usually there is always one person
who is qualified to notary that is good for every state in US, but she/he might not be available every day,Good luck.
You do not have to be a US citizen or a permanent resident. Anyone who needs the service, the most common is PoA.
Power of attorney, for bank purpose.
At busy embassy, you need to fill an online appt, not sure here. This is a small embassy.

Back