Novi from Facebook to send and receive money

rickulivi

Registered
Facebook is testing a new service to send and receive money. They say no fees. It’s only in Guatemala and the US right now

it may be a good alternative to western unión. Go to Novi.com to learn more.

They are using a stablecoin called paxos or USDP. You can already do this with a decentralized network like Solana, Ethereum, Terra, etc using UDSC or UST.

Some cuevas take USDC.

One of the most important properties of a real cryptocurrency is censorship resistance. What Facebook is planning is not a cryptocurrency. Here's my litmus test for what is and is not a cryptocurrency:

Can I donate money to wikileaks using it?

If the answer is no, then it is not a cryptocurrency.
If the answer is yes, then it is a cryptocurrency.

Censorship resistance is the key. Vive la résistance!

They are using a stablecoin called paxos or USDP. You can already do this with a decentralized network like Solana, Ethereum, Terra, etc using UDSC or UST.

Some cuevas take USDC.
I have asked Cuevas and some Pórtenos and no one knows of any cueva that allows you to send crypto.

I have asked Cuevas and some Pórtenos and no one knows of any cueva that allows you to send crypto.
you must be asking the wrong people. Are you talking about buying crypto and then sending it? Or for selling and cashing out crypto here?

have a look on binance P2P, where you can buy or sell crypto with private individuals or cuevas. For buying there are loads of different payment options and likewise for selling loads of options for receiving payment.

there is huge P2P demand now on binance due to the following on local exchanges here, and binance as a foreign entity is outside their remit.

Back