Now I know!

fifs2

Registered
I`m a bit of a foodie, a cake snob if you were who has garnered a reputation in my friends circle for amazing pastries & cakes...it hasnt been difficult, I just use high quality ingredients and European receipes that never fail.
Today I was running late for a mate at home date with friends..no time for home baking as usual and I made the fatal mistake of buying one of those pretty looking strawberry cheesecakes at a local bakery. I was planning for them to store the cake for later but as we stayed so long chatting out it came at 6.30pm and of course I had to accept a slice. It was, as is my experience with 90% of all local bakery products the singularly most tasteless, scary texture pastry I have ever consumed, for 60 pesos.
I debated leaving it as it was so disgusting..but as these werent close close friends and as I brought it it would have seemed rude...Argentineans are so proud of their European heritage but to taste their pastry selections you would never know..major embarassment. Come on Argentina you can do better!:mad:

If you open a bakery I promise I will come and try your cake. Who's with me!

Fuyi said:
If you open a bakery I promise I will come and try your cake. Who's with me!

Fuyi you will be mine for life after trying my banana and pistachio bread..it`s a kiler. Forget ine clubs, we need cake clubs!

One of the issues with the "cheesecakes" and mouse cakes here is that they are set up with gelatin which for me gives it a strange texture. I don't bake anymore cuz I'm the one who will eat it! :(

But if we bake together I can take a small piece and leave the rest of others!! :)

Back