Now That Is Real!

deadOA

I like to make it clear once and for all I am not a peronist nor want a return to the past . I also voted for Macri hoping for a positive change and like everyone in Argentina we were left with egg on our faces. In regards to the 10 % loading up on investments when there is blood on the streets why not invest in Venezuela where property prices are now the cheapest in the world?

Buying a property depends on stability and a fair system of law . I worked in real estate in Argentina for many years and believe that it is very risky to buy property now and for the next years . Prices have come down substantially since 2017 and now with the new scenario they will go doiwn much further . I believe that the future is 2001 revisted but Imho it seems that the next time the crash will be much more profound and longer . The 2001 crash only lasted for 2 years a very short time before recovery . The world situation is very unstable now and it seems that in the next year there could be a world wide economic correction

The last 3 years under Macri have been the worst years for most small businesses in Argentina since records began . Retailers have been absolutely hammered with outrageous rental prices in dollars , huge service costs . and very low consumption due to people not having any disposable income . Palermo Soho and Hollywood once vibrant dynamic neighbourhoods have been the most affected in the city of Buenos Aires and some strrets have a 50% occupation rate Fitzroy Street is a example . The inflation under Macri has been close to double than under Kristina but without wages being adjusted to keep up with inflation peoples real earning potential have been halved in just 3 years . Im currently in Sydney Australia and it is cheaper and much higher quality food to eat out here than in Buenos Aires now . Food is a necessity and should not be so marked up as it is in Argentina . Supermarket prices in Buenos Aires are dearer than most cities of the world including London

With the imf record loan more adjustments were going to be implemented on the battered Argentinian public . How much can people suffer and for how long before they say basta . I do not believe that people are voting for Christina but they are voting against Macri this is the reality . He won the elections with most of our votes but he did not deliver on any of his promises . I am not saying it will get better next year as the damage has been done . Argentina has a huge foreign debt created in the main by the current government . ( Early retirement do you know where this money went ?)

I do not want to be one of those bitter expats who spend their days whinging about their new country and for this reason I am already half way out of Argentina . As early retirement has stated Buenos Aires is great for holiday but to live there and do business it is not desirable .
Accurate informative sobering rational analysis of the Argentine situation.
Forget trash Argentina and "chinito" frivolous fake offense threads.

@perry
How are you going to get residency?
I don´t imagine it is easy, is it?

How can he critisize Macri though when there are world leaders much worse than him? It's unfortunate that he did not ensure he critisized those worse than Macri because now his point (with some excellent analysis, I agree) should not be taken with merit.

Perry is not from Argentina, so how can he possibly understand the government here. Corruption is in the culture so people from other countries just don't understand it and discussing it without mentioning the corruption in the Trump government is hypocritical.

Yes, am I right, no. But yes, right?

Fire up the all caps account.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to add. Infested rats!!

How can he critisize Macri though when there are world leaders much worse than him? It's unfortunate that he did not ensure he critisized those worse than Macri because now his point (with some excellent analysis, I agree) should not be taken with merit.

Perry is not from Argentina, so how can he possibly understand the government here. Corruption is in the culture so people from other countries just don't understand it and discussing it without mentioning the corruption in the Trump government is hypocritical.

It was not Ok to criticize Cristina because we hadn't equally (or more so) criticized Trump, but it's perfectly ok to criticize Macri without making any comparisons. Logic that just makes no sense. All agenda based. Whataboutism demanded when it serves their political agenda, but not required when it doesn't.

Last edited:

Your post is a joke no ? I completely understand Argentina as I have lived there for neary 16 years . I understand the corruption of Argentina and yes the previous government were certainly corrupt . What I do not understand is why those who support Macri cannot answer any simple questions or can they accept the reality around them . A little window dressing , fixing the parks and plazas, allowing us to buy dollars , does not make a good president . The economy has been mismanaged and too much debt was taken on which will leave ordinary argentinians in poverty and servitude for many years .

Yes in the christina years there were some difficulties but people who worked earned decently and their salaries were adjusted for inflation This has not happened under Macri and people are working but poor . The middle class has been decimated under this government with low wages , high inflation , and outrageous pricing for essential items . Food is dearer in Argentina than Australia now and the quality is poor . People nowadays cannot even afford to eat meat and live on pasta and junk food . Argentina is a breadbasket and can easily supply excellent quality food at affordable prices but the mafias that control the food industry are far too powerful there .

I criticize all that I see is wrong . Australia as well has a lot of negatives that I do not like . Today Sydney is a very materialistic city and much more competitive than Buenos Aires . There is a lot of drunkedness and rowdy behaviour on the inner city streets here .

Buenos Aires at times can be a very civilised city that puts you in daily contact with interesting people from all walks of life . The taxistas of Buenos Aires in the main are superb and certainly better than Sydneys taxidrivers. I miss the argentinian sing son accent here in Sydney its common to meet bogans ( australian rednecks ) and they take a lot of getting used to !

Last edited:
Back