nuevo pasaporte argentino and OCA

estebandepraga

Registered
Hi to all
This is more than anything just to express my frustrations and let anyone in the same situation what to expect.
I am an Argentine citizien and on 09th March I went the very first day to apply for the new 10 year Argentine passport which was advertised all over and promised to be in one's hands within 15 working days. I even was on a feature article in Pagina 12 showing the great efficiency of the whole thing
It has now been almost 2 months and I still don't have the .........passport.
According to the Registro de las Personas, it was finally given to the private courrier service OCA on 20th April. Oca has had it and still never delivered it after promising it "is in today's delivery" already 3 days.
After making a small scene several times over the phone, OCA will allow me to pick it up in person tomorrow; aren't they nice? I have to get myself on a Saturday to Flores to their branch.
Yet just another example of the great efficiency and professionalism which ones encounters daily here in Tangolandia!
And then when I finally get the passport, whcih country will let me in without further hassles?

estebandepraga said:
Hi to all
This is more than anything just to express my frustrations and let anyone in the same situation what to expect.
I am an Argentine citizien and on 09th March I went the very first day to apply for the new 10 year Argentine passport which was advertised all over and promised to be in one's hands within 15 working days. I even was on a feature article in Pagina 12 showing the great efficiency of the whole thing
It has now been almost 2 months and I still don't have the .........passport.
According to the Registro de las Personas, it was finally given to the private courrier service OCA on 20th April. Oca has had it and still never delivered it after promising it "is in today's delivery" already 3 days.
After making a small scene several times over the phone, OCA will allow me to pick it up in person tomorrow; aren't they nice? I have to get myself on a Saturday to Flores to their branch.
Yet just another example of the great efficiency and professionalism which ones encounters daily here in Tangolandia!
And then when I finally get the passport, whcih country will let me in without further hassles?

Are you joking?

Complaining about not getting a passport in 2 months to expats who, in some cases, waited up to two years to get a DNI won't get you much sympathy here. Neither will complaining about not getting a delivery in 3 days to others who have never received packages (and or mail) at all.

There are only a few expat members of this forum (if that many) who have applied for or will be applying for citizenship and an Argentine passport in the coming months (if not years).

I am one of them. I will have to wait about a year for my citizenship to be approved. If and when it is, I can wait a bit longer (than promised) to receive an Argentine passport.

I just waited 10 months to have the escritura for my house. It was "postponed" the day before it was scheduled to take place lat June. I never complained. I just waited. In the meantime I moved into the house and bought the property the seller of the house was planing to buy with the proceeds form the sale. We had a "double" escritura two weeks ago.

The probability of that happing to another expat is even less likely than any of us applying for an Argentine passport and having to wait longer than promised to receive it. Of course I expect it to happen to me if and when I do.

After all, this is Argentina.

I hope you don't mind me asking a question...do these new passports now have a microchip in them? (i.e. like U.S. passports do nowadays?)

hi as far as i know i think they do not have a chip but as i dont have mine i cant tell you!
regarding the delay i know that dnis take fore ever etc but then the govt SHOULD not advertise 15days! because this is bs! i know we are in Argentina so Id reather they dont give short times and then frustrate me and many others!just another CUENTO!

Back