Obamacare

jaredwb said:
Ok, for those above that actually believe taxes won't be increased...WAKE UP!! aside from the actual TAX INCREASES in the bill...and there are many (and yes, I actually read the bill, unlike congress)...if you don't buy insurance you pay a TAX (but they want to call it a "fine").

Either way, IF you are a U.S. citizen you are REQUIRED to pay the fine or have insurance. Still don't worry, it WILL be defeated in the Supreme Court.

Jared

Taxes will increase for individuals who make over $200,000 and for couples making over $250,000.

Regarding the mandate, it won't be enforced. According to page 131 of H.R. 3590, aka the bill that passed:

‘(A) WAIVER OF CRIMINAL PENALTIES.—In the case of
any failure by a taxpayer to timely pay any penalty imposed
by this section, such taxpayer shall not be subject to any
criminal prosecution or penalty with respect to such failure.

Thus, if there's no criminal prosecution or penalty for not paying the fine, why will anyone pay it? The mandate for jury duty is more bulletproof than the mandate for health care.

jaredwb said:
...aside from the actual TAX INCREASES in the bill...and there are many...

...(and yes, I actually read the bill, unlike congress)...

Statements like that carry no weight whatsoever - they are personal opinions, not fact.

What are the "many" tax increases you are talking about? Please elaborate.

And, with due respect, why should anyone believe you did read the bill?

However, it is true that taxes will increase -- for those lucky enough to make over US$ 200,000 a year. Wish I were one of them.

3.65% of the US population makes $200,000 a year or more.

Back