Obama's Documentary "American Factory" Nominated for Oscars..

Rich One

Registered
Available on Netflix, may win on February 9th.Oscars's Night. Worth seeing ! to get a grip of the USA present labor scene and the Unions role...!!

It was a good Oscar nomination day for the Obamas as the documentary American Factory a was included on the list of nominees alongside The Cave, The Edge of Democracy, For Sama and Honeyland. The original Netflix docu was presented by the Obamas’ Higher Ground Productions and Participant Media and takes a dive into post-industrial Ohio.

Available on Netflix, may win on February 9th.Oscars's Night. Worth seeing ! to get a grip of the USA present labor scene and the Unions role...!!

It was a good Oscar nomination day for the Obamas as the documentary American Factory a was included on the list of nominees alongside The Cave, The Edge of Democracy, For Sama and Honeyland. The original Netflix docu was presented by the Obamas’ Higher Ground Productions and Participant Media and takes a dive into post-industrial Ohio.

The documentary tells about what happens when a General Motors plant just outside Dayton, Ohio closes down leaving thousands unemployed, and is reborn as the U.S. production facility for Fuyao, a Chinese firm that is one of the world's largest manufacturers of auto glass .It can be related to the current Argentine Economic situation where Automotive manufacturers are closing down, going on furlough, reducing working hours, or offering early retirement , due to overstock, and declining sales. Some Auto parts companies have closed permanently.

The displaced senior workers couldn't find jobs for years and latter were lucky to be employed by a Fuyao a Chinese Auto Part Manufacturer for half the hourly rates

The Obama's Higher Ground Productions endorses the Documentary. Filmed and Directed by Bognar and Reichert. A review by The Guardian below.

"There is no magic wand to bring back jobs,” said US president Barack Obama in 2016. Now he has returned to this sombre realist theme with the first documentary feature, (with Michelle Obama) for Netflix, under the banner of their company Higher Ground Productions. It’s a study from directors Steven Bognar and Julia Reichert that is absorbing, discomfiting and desperately sad."

Oscar Award winner 2020 as Best Documentary Film.

What could happen if Chinese Companies open up manufacturing plants in Argentina? and face the Cultural Differences , Labor Laws and Unions.

i watched this over the weekend. good film.

most of the time i was laughing at the ridiculous differences between the chinese and americans. i had the same thought about argentina, i couldn't imagine the hurdles a chinese company would face trying to do a similar thing here.

Back