Obamas State Of The Union Speech...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicia karr

Registered
Whether you like him or not you gotta love his speeches...made me feel almost patriotic..I know there's a lot to be disappointed about with him, but damn,his visions are great, and he knows how to draw his audience in. I give him and his speech writers a 10. Even the republicans conceded his speech was, well, er, "good"....at least there's bipartisan agreement on his oratory skills!

I prefer the acting of Daniel Day Lewis. Obama deserves a razzie by comparison.

His speeches are great if you're into the charasmatic ramblings of a dictator who lies straight to your face. Hitler gave great speeches as well.

Obama is a professional con man, a 100% shill for the ruling class, that's why he's in office. He's as good as they come. He's much more dangerous than Bush ever was exactly for the reason that he is so much more persuasive and charasmatic than Bush. He's a master at using emotion in order to sway the minds of the sheeple as he so skillfully demonstrated with his use of the wounded soldier at the end of his speech.

He's a master of spin as he so skillfully demonstrated by comparing the illegal spying activities of the NSA with the actions of the US founding fathers and calling the NSA our "neighbors".

What I find amazing however is the hypocrisy that exists today with Obama compared to Bush. He's getting away with things that Bush could have only dreamed of yet nobody calls him on it. How is it that he is still in office? - using the IRS to attack his political enemies, the Benghazi disaster, the Fast & Furious gunning running into Mexico, the silencing of whistle blowers, the massive number of executive orders and the side stepping of congress, the desire to attack Syria on a shred of evidence, the spying on AP reporters. I could go on and on.

FYI, I am neither a democrat nor a republican as both parties work for the same team at the upper levels. The US has a one party system, which is divided into two parts that play well off each other. I simply call it the way I see it and so should everyone else.

His speeches are great if you're into the charasmatic ramblings of a dictator who lies straight to your face. Hitler gave great speeches as well.

Obama is a professional con man, a 100% shill for the ruling class, that's why he's in office. He's as good as they come. He's much more dangerous than Bush ever was exactly for the reason that he is so much more persuasive and charasmatic than Bush. He's a master at using emotion in order to sway the minds of the sheeple as he so skillfully demonstrated with his use of the wounded soldier at the end of his speech.

He's a master of spin as he so skillfully demonstrated by comparing the illegal spying activities of the NSA with the actions of the US founding fathers and calling the NSA our "neighbors".

What I find amazing however is the hypocrisy that exists today with Obama compared to Bush. He's getting away with things that Bush could have only dreamed of yet nobody calls him on it. How is it that he is still in office? - using the IRS to attack his political enemies, the Benghazi disaster, the Fast & Furious gunning running into Mexico, the silencing of whistle blowers, the massive number of executive orders and the side stepping of congress, the desire to attack Syria on a shred of evidence, the spying on AP reporters. I could go on and on.

FYI, I am neither a democrat nor a republican as both parties work for the same team at the upper levels. The US has a one party system, which is divided into two parts that play well off each other. I simply call it the way I see it and so should everyone else.

They've let the paranoids out again.

I like the audacity of his MyRA plan, with the Fed reducing its purchases of Treasuries and the Chinese saying "no mas", they need to find a sucker to take up the slack. Joe Six Pack is the perfect candidate.

Obama is going to "work with" Congress to fix the NSA. Classic Rope-a-Dope

I like the audacity of his MyRA plan,
So you need the government to open IRAs and buy government bonds for you? :rolleyes: No wonder why they get away with things like this. I guess the crime would be not taking your retirement savings. btw, great adolfo pirelli impersonation by obama. i guess it worked.

"MyRA guarantees a decent return with no risk of losing what you put in,"
--Obama

ANYONE who makes such a promise is either a crook or a lunatic. This is a Bernie Madoff type promise, and Bernie himself could not have said it better.

132827.jpg

I'm not American, but I well remember when Obama was elected president, just like everyone else.
After GWB, it felt like a new beginning, almost a messianic moment.
Is it a question of style over substance?
Not connected very much, but I also remember when Cristina was sworn in.
We were in a beach bar in Carilo and we all crowded round the TV.
That too felt like an historic moment, for want of a better description.
And look what happened there.......................

"MyRA guarantees a decent return with no risk of losing what you put in,"
--Obama

ANYONE who makes such a promise is either a crook or a lunatic. This is a Bernie Madoff type promise, and Bernie himself could not have said it better.

132827.jpg

Could of agreed with this picture but then Crazy Uncle Paul had to be in it. There's real libertarians and fake ones, Paul is the later.

As for the speech it wasn't bad, but it was a speech - only words. I disagree with Obama on a lot, economics, the environment, spying on people, Heritage Care instead of Single Payer, etc, but I won't blame him for the inaction. A large part of the country (the former confederacy and flyover states) don't want what he has to sell and inturn the teabaggers and republicans reflect the will of their constituents. I agree with him that 40-50 votes to repeal a law I don't even fully like is rediculous though and that minimum wages and pay disparities need to be raised and eliminated but again, you have entrenched old Bible Belt white guys that think a woman's place is in the kitchen so you're not going to win there.

All in all a good performance, but call me a synic, the only action that will come from this is executive orders, terrible compromises that screw the average American and poor and finally an NSA "overhaul" that will be window dressing.

P.S. I was REALLY hoping we could go to a page two without the argument going ad-Hitlerum but this is BA Expats...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back