Obtaining Italian Citizenship

mayuspope

Registered
I realize this might not be a pertinent topic for the group, however it doesn't hurt to ask. I'm applying for my Italian citizenship through my maternal great grandfather. They need to be translated into Italian and have the apostille certification. Any recommendations for an individual or service that can do this for me?

Thanks
Mariana

This depends on that are the "they" that need to be apostilled. The country that issued the document is the one that needs to do it.

I have a couple of friends who are going through this process. It takes forever. A lawyer that specializes in Italian citizenship is more that worthwile.

Read this file, must be translated...!

Requisites for Italian Nationality

http://www.estudioguillen.org/novedades/requisitos-para-la-ciudadania-italiana.htm

The country where the document originates in must be the one where it's issued, apostilled, translated (and maybe even legalized by the local Colegio de Traductores) and then 'legalized' / approved by the consulate for use abroad at the Tribunales. Your attorney might offer to have the translation legalized in Italy if their translator does it. That would allow you to skip a couple steps. It might even be cheaper.

I was recognized through the paternal line but I'm quite familiar with the 1948 maternal line. I just used my Italian passport for the first time yesterday when transiting Amsterdam en route to Valencia. :) If you need any good sites, or Facebook groups for US, Argentina, (Spanish-speaking) or Brazilian on the process. Let me know.

Back