Obtaining Residency through marriage

hairyscotsman

Registered
I was wondering when i marry my argentine GF but we live most of the year in Scotland would i be granted residency ? Just so i could legally enter in the current situation should it arise again . Does anyone know the criteria for this?
Thanks

If you marry your GF in Argentina or at the Argie consulate? you will get you residency faster once In-migration is operating? Need expert opinion..!

I got permanent residence through the Argentine consul in London via a family reunion visa but that may not be applicable for you because your wife to be isn’t living in Argentina.
It’s quite a lot costlier than the traditional route via migraciones was $600USD in visa fees and £130 or something for the consular feed.
You can always contact them, they were actually very helpful.
Much more helpful than the British embassy would be if the roles were reversed.

I got permanent residence through the Argentine consul in London via a family reunion visa but that may not be applicable for you because your wife to be isn’t living in Argentina.
It’s quite a lot costlier than the traditional route via migraciones was $600USD in visa fees and £130 or something for the consular feed.
You can always contact them, they were actually very helpful.
Much more helpful than the British embassy would be if the roles were reversed.

Well due to a situation outwith our control she may well be resident in Argentina for the first 12 months after marriage. After that we are looking at bringing her to UK on a spouse visa.
I have been informed that residency requires 2 years stay in Argentina before i could apply...if that is correct its a non starter. Do you think its an option to apply via a family reunion visa and then still stay in UK 9 months of year and 3 in Argentina or would i be expected to stay permanently and visa revoked if i didnt?
As i say its more because i can see more of this lockdown and quarantine happening over next few years and wanting to be able to enter argentina without any problems as currently its been a nightmare.

I wouldn’t think they would revoke the visa no.
Not sure at all on the requirements for the visa to be honest. I had been married to my wife for nearly 5 years and we have a daughter but you may qualify.

More info on the visa, they are not supposed to be issuing visas and in my case they had to cable Buenos Aires and ask to make an exception but it’s possibly an option.

Back