October Baexpat Book Club Meeting, Wed. 10/29 7:00

Alicia karr

Registered
Hi all, and especially "Newcomers". Just to announce the next monthly book club and potluck meeting will be Wednesday Octeber 29th at 7:00 in Recoleta. We will be discussing Tom Reiss's book "The Orientalist".
The book was published in 2005 and is historical fiction/biography/mystery...you name it it's got it! Something for everyone! The unifying theme is the quest to identify the real identity of an acclaimed author,(this is real) and it's description of how in the last century Moslems, Jews and Christians peacefully coexisted in at least one part of the Middle East/Eastern Europe. It received 4+stars out of 5 on Amazon and is easily downloaded.
Our meetings are noted for their conviviality, intimacy and superb food. Helped along by the ever plentiful wine and beer. This is an international group of young and old. We welcome all interested to come and check us out, even if you haven't read the book. There is no cost, just bring a dish and beverage. Space is limited so an RSVP is necessary. Please comment here or send me a PM and I will get back to you. Happy Spring!

LOL thanks Alicia! I'm not sure if i'll make it after all :/ have to see about the movement workshop I attend- still waiting on the dates. Sit tight

Back