Official Taxi and remises from Ezeiza

sergio

Registered
There is an Official Taxi at Ezeiza in addition to the remise service. The Official Taxi sells tickets for rides downtown. There is no meter and they are reliable. Does anyone know if they accept US dollars or US credit cards? What about the remise services from Ezeiza? Do they accept US credit cards or US dollars?

Yes, they accept credit cards (AmEx/Visa/MC) only at the remise kisosk inside EZE.

Most would take Us$, however I NEVER take cabs out of the airport, have a book of bad experiences with them. Go with Tienda Leon, they are by fr the best option and I use them 100% of the time.

Basically you got a few options, there is a bus that leaves every hour and take you to their downtown stop (in Avda Madero right next to the Sheraton) from where you can take a regular cab or a Tienda Leon Shuttle.

Then there is the Shuttle that takes you directly to your home/hotel.

In both cases vehicles are air conditioned, new & super comfy. The bus option is great for those of you on a budget and I like to take a nap on it on my way downtown (bus seats are much better than ordinary airliners). If you are a but tight on schedule their shuttles are great.

Again, sorry, but I just go ripped off way to many time by "official" and non "official" Taxis down here. Not going that way never again.

Aw and they take, Credit, US$, and in one case there was an accident that ended up bottlenecking the highway and obviously I got to the airport late. They even refunded me the standby fee for my trip next day :)

In all seriousness - how do you get ripped off by an official taxi from the airport? It's a fixed rate that you pay in advance (120 pesos to centro) at the taxi stand. And you get a receipt. (PS - I do agree that Tienda Leon is a good remise company).

Back