(Oil) painting classes

Iheartbsas

Registered
Hi all,
I am very keen to take up painting classes here in BA. Specifically oil painting. I have looked at a few threads on here and a couple of them are quite old and the blog/websites they refer to no longer exist. Does anyone know anyone or anywhere that takes these classes? Thanks in advance and let me know if anyone else is interested in joining in.

Check out the Rojas Center: They offer many inexpensive classes for all kinds of art, including oil painting. But sign up early - classes fill very quickly.

Thanks FAS. I can't seem to find the oil painting classes info on there. There is an exhibition on 'Oil photography' ? That's the closest I get.
Any other ideas? Thanks.

Thanks for this. Looks like I have missed the start of most of these classes. Thanks for the suggestion but anymore ideas? Cheers.

usually they have rolling start dates. you can probably join at the begining of the month. Best bet is still to go down and talk to them. Another option is IUNA extension school on Las Heras (Callao). Again, go in & talk to them. They will tell you what classes are good for you.
Datos del contacto:
IUNA
Departamento de Artes Visuales - Secretaría de Extensión
Av. Las Heras 1749, PB.
Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires
(54.11) 4812.6787 int. 218
[email protected]
http://visuales.iuna.edu.ar/

Hi, this thread is really interesting to me as I came to Argentina with the intention of developing my oil painting skills but didn't manage to find a specific class. I'd be interested to know how you get on, always keen to get to know more painters!

At the moment I go to a studio nr Congreso on Moreno y san Jose, there is a teacher but it's not specific to oils if you felt you wanted to join a very informal class/group send me a message I can tell you more, it's very cheap, here's a link for the monthly events...http://periodica.com.ar/

I recommend a good friend of mine, native of Uruguay but she has spent +10 years in NY (that helps to have a 100% english fluent teacher).
Furthermore she is an exceptional human being.
She has many groups during the week, in a very nice place in Palermo SOHO (Cabrera x Bonpland).

Her website & curriculum are here :
http://www.artemercosur.org.uy/rank/ombu/english/rank.html

Anna Rank, Uruguayan artist, has lived and studied in New York for 12 years. Argentinean resident.

Education: MFA / Painting - Parsons School of Design, N.Y. (1993) BFA - Art Education Certificate, Parsons School of Design / Bank Street College, New York, (1993) - Universidad del Trabajo del Uruguay, Montevideo (1981) - Drawing and Painting with Julio Alpuy (Torres-García's-Workshop) N.Y. (1983-1989) - Printmaking with Krishna Reddy Workshop at New York University (1988-1989).

Awards and Honors: Helena Rubinstein Award and Organization of American States Scholarship, Washington DC.(1992-1993) - Artist in Residence at Altos de Chavón School of Design, Dominican Republic (1990)- The New York Public Library acquired for the Print Room the artist book "Don Quixote de la Mancha"(1990).

Art Teacher: Altos de Chavón School of Design, Dominican Republic (1992 - 1990) - Universidad Católica del Uruguay (1994-1996) and "Escuela Superior de Bellas Artes de la Nación Ernesto de la Cárcova", Buenos Aires (1998-1997). Queens Museum of Art and New York City Department of Education, Workshops for Development Training (2005-2006-2007). Currently she also teaches Drawing and Painting at her own Studio and also at Guillermo Roux's Foundation/Studio, in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Since 1979, she realized a number of individual and collective exhibitions in United Stated, Argentina, France, Italy. Chile, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Brazil and Uruguay; her work is part of international collections like The New York Public Library at the Print Room, the Musée d' Art Contemporain de Chamaliéres, France and others.

Calle Cabrera, 5654 - Buenos Aires - CP 1414 - Argentina. Tel. (5411) 4774 7167

I forgot to add : in my friend's taller, there are Argentineans but there are a few foreigners as well (at least an English girl).

Back